We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa requirement for dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampere, Finland
3 posts
Save Topic
visa requirement for dubai

My name is Aashish (Indian national) and i will be traveling from Helsinki to Delhi in March

with a stopover in Dubai for about 14hr for next flight to Delhi. My 1st flight will be from

Helsinki (Ukraine intrenational Airline) to Dubai at terminal 1, from where i would like to

go onward to Delhi from the same terminal 1 (Indigo Airline).I will not leave terminal 1 and

would like to remain inside. Do i need a transit Visa? as i will have to collect

my luggage which will be after immigration and then checkin again with indigo?

In return(Delhi-Dubai-Helsinki) will i be allowed to board plane in delhi to dubai? as i will

not have visa for dubai and will be changing flight&airline in dubai (in Terminal 1)again getting the

luggage and checking it thorugh to helsinki with 2nd airline.

kindly reply

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa requirement for dubai

Ukraine International Airline? First time for me :-)

Did you buy a single ticket through UIA/Indigo, or two separate tickets?

Within same Terminal 1, you do not need a visa to connect to your second flight from Dubai T1 to Delhi. Inform the Transfer Desk at arrivals regarding your situation, they will help. If possible, book your luggage from Helsinki to Delhi, even otherwise you can take TD help. You cannot collect luggage in Dubai without crossing Passport Control, so.

If your return flights are similar and connecting at T1, similar to above.

Tampere, Finland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visa requirement for dubai

separate tickets are booked

will this create a problem

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,726 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa requirement for dubai

Yes.

You will need a visa

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa requirement for dubai

Maybe being the same Terminal 1, and not exiting the airport, you can deal with this. Speak to both airlines of your situation and ensure you avoid any possible difficulty. If visa is a requirement, then the first airline may not let you board.

5. Re: visa requirement for dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 08, 2014