We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping festival

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping festival

I think I have done some good research but i am still not sure about this shopping festival. We will be arriving on Saturday and wonder if it is worth the bother of getting to it. Many aticles and comments on this forum seem to point to it being over rated or simply some sort of marketing tool. It may seem strange but my wife quite likes shopping and I worry that i may be taken into some sort of purgatory with her next week. If necessary where are the alternatives for me to find things likes watches and iPOD etc.

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping festival

Just returned from Dubai Shopping Festival.

What an over-rated bore. I would never go back to Dubai during this time. Over-priced, over-rated, and over-crowded. The so-called shopping festival was a joke. Otherwise, I like Dubai.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
149 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping festival

We were in Dubai two weeks ago. During this time we visited two malls. We found prices comparable to the UK high street. The second mall (In the city) was packed and not enjoyable at all. There is lots of talk about entry to these super raffles when shopping but it seemed complicated to participate in. Personally I wouldn't return to Dubai for the Shopping - You'll get better deals on the net from the UK. You may get better prices at the electronic Souk. But barter hard.

Aside from the shopping, Dubai is fantastic..... beaches, hotels, people, climate, restaurants etc etc. We'll return for these factors alone.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping festival

Shopping festival finished on Saturday.

Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping festival

Returned from Dubai last Tuesday (8 Feb).

Whilst some DSF bargains obviously overrated (esp in Global Village, we heard ) we managed to find some excellent savings e.g. Lulu Guiness handbags with 70% saving ( down to under ��20) in designer store in Emirates Towers Mall, for instance. Maharishi, Evisu and Prada menswear with 60% savings in same Mall; set Delsey wheeled luggage for Dh199 inWafi ( = to just under ��30) -needed to bring home the extra gifts. Use banks for best exchange rates - beat hotels by nearly .5dh and gave us average 6.8dh to ��1GBP.