We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray drinks prices please

Kent
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray drinks prices please

Hi Tripadvisors,

I'm just about to book this hotel for 8 days in April 2013 - first visit to Dubai and I understand alcohol is expensive , if any recent guests to this hotel could give me a rough idea of drinks prices of a bottle of beer, glass / bottle wine, G & T, glass of fizz , water/ apple juice for kids etc ... just deciding if I need to hock a watch to top up our spending money :-)

Thx Louise

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,730 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumeirah Zabeel Saray drinks prices please

Beer roughly £7

Glass of wine same

Bottle of wine - it depends on the bottle always choose from the wine list and be careful if you take the winr waiters recommendtaion without checking the price first. You are probably looking at £28 an upwards for a bottle.

Water - you will get bottles of water in your room and can ask for more if you want them. When ordering water either by the pool or in a restaurant always specifiy 'local water'. This will bring a bottle of still water from the region and not Evian or similar, which are high prices.

G+T - £8 or so.

Juices for children - £2.50 and up

Champagne - £12 a glass and up

For this reason many people buy wine an/or spirits at duty free when they land and keep them in their room for drinking on the balcony.

You can also visit a supermarket and buy 6 packs of coke/tonic water / kids juices for less than £1.50 so do that on your first visit out and keep them with you the kids.

Oh and ladies drink for free on Tuesday nights at Voda bar after 9pm - maybe that will be the night to hire a sitter

Edited: 7:26 am, January 20, 2013
tyne and wear
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumeirah Zabeel Saray drinks prices please

They give you free water by the pool in a ice bucket

Also we had a ice bucket in the room they filled every night, if you do take duty free there

I personally didn't like voda bar , it's stunning to look at but the music was horrid , only stayed a hour , hubby couldn't stand it either

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumeirah Zabeel Saray drinks prices please

Dubai can be pricey for alcohol and I thought ZS prices were amongst the most expensive for food and drink, as the hotel is a little further out they know they've got a captive market!

I wasn't keen on Voda bar either as I thought it was clinical looking but no kids allowed in anyhow so if you went you have to hire a babysitter.

Louise S - do as Latimer suggests buy alcohol from duty free, get an ice bucket and enjoy a few drinks on the balcony when little ones are in bed.

It is a fab hotel enjoy!!

Edited: 9:39 am, January 20, 2013
Kent
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumeirah Zabeel Saray drinks prices please

Really helpful advice everyone - thank you !!

5. Re: Jumeirah Zabeel Saray drinks prices please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 22, 2014