We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the maximal possible transit time in DXB without...

Berlin, Germany
3 posts
Save Topic
What's the maximal possible transit time in DXB without...

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me what's the maximal possible transit time between flights in Dubai International Airport WITHOUT leaving airport grounds (i.e. without passing through passport control)?

I'm flying with flydubai from Amman to Male with a 17 hours long wait in DXB before the next flight to Male (Both flights are with the same company). Is there a limitation on how long you can stay in the transit area? I've been getting mixed reports, one saying that it's okay to stay in the airport without passing through passport control for 24 hrs, and the other saying no more than 8.

I haven't found anything about it in the flydubai, DXB, or the Dubai Foregin affairs office websites. I should probably mention that I'm not interested in obtaining the 96 hours long transit visa, and would like to stay inside the airport for the entire time.

BTW - If it's not possible to stay in the transit area for more than 8 hrs, is staying for a longer amount of time possible if I book a stay in one of the lounges at the airport (Such as 'Marhaba'), or (less preferably) the hotel within the airport itself?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,999 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the maximal possible transit time in DXB without...

Firstly, if you are flying with Fly Dubai then you will be in terminal 2, which is tiny and not connected to the rest of Dubai International airport but is in another building some 10 minutes drive from the main airport.

There is very little to do in terminal 2 and I would hesitate to spend any time there, let alone 17 hours.

You don't say which passport you hold but if it is a German one then there is no need to apply for a visa as one will be given to you automatically at immigration.

Surely you would rather leave the airport, get some sleep and freshen up and perhaps see something of the City.

I'd rather stick knitting needles in my eyes than spend 17 hours in any airport, especially terminal 2 in Dubai

Berlin, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the maximal possible transit time in DXB without...

First of all, thank you for the quick reply :-)

I know Fly Dubai airplanes land in Terminal 2, but I thought there's a bus connecting it to terminals 1 and 3 without having to pass through passport control, Isn't that correct?

I don't have a German passport :-) and obtaining a transit visa is not an option for me, and I'm fine with staying in the terminal... (Not my first choice either, trust me) So my question is mainly to get this technical information validated - Is there a time limit on how long you can stay inside the terminal?

Appreciate your help :-)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,999 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the maximal possible transit time in DXB without...

There is a bus connecting the two BUT as far as I know you will only be allowed on it if you have a booking at the airport hotel (very expensive) or a boarding pass for a flight departing from terminal 1 or 3.

This means that you will be marooned in terminal 2. I don't think there is a time limit as to how long you can stay but goodness knows what you will do.

No one on here can validate information for you as we are just volunteering information based on experience or knowledege - none of us are officials so you may get a more definitive answer by contacting

http://www.dnata.com/english/

They are the handling agents for Dubai airport

or

www.marhabaservices.com

Berlin, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the maximal possible transit time in DXB without...

Thank you very much for the links, you've really helped me a lot! :-)

5. Re: What's the maximal possible transit time in DXB without...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 08, 2014