We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woman Lawyer

Ashford,Kent
13 posts
Save Topic
Woman Lawyer

Me again!!!

My missus is a law graduate and looking to re-locate,with a bit of networking,is there much call for trainee lawyers in dubai and can she earn half decent money? Have checked loads of job websites,but they don't really give too much info? Is she likely to get a job or are uae qualifications better.

Thanks for any help,etc

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Woman Lawyer

If she isn't qualified, then it may be a problem. There are loads of foreign lawyers here. There are also lots of law firms - have a look at this link …state.gov/dubai/Copy_of_medical_info.html. Surprised you couldn't come up with this yourself - I just typed lawyers in Dubai in Google and came up with all sorts. Contact the companies and they will advise you.

Ashford,Kent
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Woman Lawyer

Thanks Jaky,

Have been doing that,she qualifies in July,have written to loads of law firms,but they seem to have a problem replying!! Maybe its because i'm not a paying customer and they can't charge me ridiculous amounts per minute for their time!!!

3. Re: Woman Lawyer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:46 am, May 02, 2006
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,482 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woman Lawyer

Woah! Get off her case.

She's by far the most helpful contributor to this site and more help to people on here than you will ever be - 2000 questions or not.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,186 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Woman Lawyer

Here here!

Dubai-UAE
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Woman Lawyer

International law firms don’t usually appoint on line, not even other type of firms here , as they use the services of a third party( recruitment agencies) . Aslo please note that People here don’t check the standard info@xxx.com or careers@yyxx.com , not even the sales&marketing@xxxyy.com they all have their own personal emails, and it would be great if they realized that on addition to receiving personal emails , you actually may get to do business /work using them ..

A friends of who is not qualified lawyer yet , came over here back on Feb 2006 .I made her emailing her CV and resume to all possible recruitment agencies, she added a note stated that she should be available for interview on Feb. upon her arrival , no one called her , then I have asked her to call them and guest what, things started to happen, you will not believe this, but one of the girls form the agency that after checking the standard e.mail ( this one that said APPLY NOW), email she found my friend’s email sent from the UK

Anyway , your women, MUST call them and only then will start to happened .Please note

1) Apply to the agencies , they are your best bet …try

http://www.bacme.com/job/job_bank.asp .this one is realy, not regeste for them and they will find your lady the right post.

www.iqselection.com/content/jobList.aspx… they are good and although it seams that there is only one job , this is in fact not the really deal .Some of the jobs are not posted.

• List of other agencies

theemiratesnetwork.com/dir/…

2) Don’t forget to call them after one day provided they got it during the working days of the week( Sunday -Friday)

3) Get some interviews set ,and then , she may need to come over or maybe a conference call will do .

4) She must state in here cover letter and CV that she will get qualified on July…other wise all she will get is a “ legal assistant “ or secretary offers .

Good luck :-)

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Woman Lawyer

Thanks Rose. Question, I don't know the answer to the question. I have made some suggestions. What Models chooses to do with the information I have given him is up to him and his partner.

Models, you will find here that people just don't get back to you. If you are coming over, it may well be worth her while to take a day out of the holiday and tout her CV round the companies herself. As Girls pointed out, stating when she will qualify will help a great deal. I am not sure whether the local agencies recruit for lawyers, but you have nothing to lose as far as that's concerned. The other thing you could do is go on line and look at Gulf News and check out the situations vacant sections on a daily basis, you could find something cropping up on there and it will also give you an idea of what the agencies have to offer here.

As Girls quite rightly says, there are more jobs than being advertised. Two of the agencies Girls mentions - BAC and IQ are, in my opinion, among the best. Agencies here are, in generally, pretty dire to be honest!

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Woman Lawyer

Oops and Latti! Sorry!

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Woman Lawyer

You could try legal recruitment agencies in London which recruit for international postings. eg totally legal, hayes ZMB etc.

Level Contributor
3,053 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
10. Re: Woman Lawyer

We're sorry, but this topic has wandered into non-travel-related subject matter, so we've closed it to any further posts. To continue this discussion, TripAdvisor invites you to use our Off-Topic forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic…

Please note that Off-topic Chatter is a forum for discussions gone afield from the topic of travel. Although non-travel-related topics are allowed, posts in the Off-topic forum must otherwise meet TripAdvisor's Forum guidelines:

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…