We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

Hello i am a Pakistani passport holder, travelling from Australia to Pakistan via Dubai, My booking is on 5th of Feb 2013, as my passport expires on 23 rd of July, there is only the difference of ten days for my" 6 month validity of passport condition", if i apply in december for the transit visa, will be able to go in dubai, i want to see my brother in dubai.

38 replies to this topic
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,066 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

You need to renew your passport before you go. You will not lose out because the days you haven't used will be added on to the end.

You should do this in plenty of time

It is not worth the risk of travelling on a passport that doesn't meet the rules

Edited: 8:44 am, November 10, 2012
Karachi, Sindh...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

Hi

I am a pakistani passport holder . Can you please let me know that my booking will be in april 2014 and my passport expires on beginning of july 2014 . Can i travel to pakistan and come back to saudia in may 2014 ?

Regards

Khalid

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

Khalidabdullah - do you have a valid residence visa for KSA? In that case there is no problem you can come back to Saudi Arabia before expiry of your passport. Having said that, you have plenty of time to get your passport renewed in Saudi Arabia itself if you are currently residing there, so why take a chance?

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

I am a pakistani passport holder in UK with Residence permit(ILR) card, i am going to pakistan about 1st march for 1 month and my passport ll expires in start of august its mean that i have only 5 month valid passport to travel to pakistan and come back to UK. Can i travel with 5 month passport validity bcoz the someone told me you must have 6 month valid passport before you travel.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,066 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

You'll have to check the rules for Pakistan - this is the Dubai forum.

Are you asking because you have a stopover in Dubai ?

Edited: 4:24 pm, January 04, 2014
Dubai, United Arab...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

Yes u can travel n ur visa can also be applied even if u have 5 months validity

Halifax
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

My sons passport is expiring in january2015 i am in pakistan and i am due to come back in december2014 is there a certain length of time i need to be back in time before it expires please get back to me it is urgent

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

BilalAli2009 - if you and son have valid UAE residency visas, no problem for you to travel to UAE anytime till visa expiry date.

Halifax
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

No i am travelling from pakistan to the uk my son's passport is expiring in Jan 2015 we are due to be back from there in December. I am not travelling to Dubai. what do i need to do when do i actually need to be back by. ?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport

Your query is not clear. What has your son's passport expiry date got to do with your travel to Dubai? If he sponsors your visit, then his passport and visa should be currently valid.

Reply to: only few days of expiry on pakistani passport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted