We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

Sorry if I'm repeating an old question but just started viewing this forum.

My friend & I have booked a "Surprise" trip to Dubai in February for our husbands 50th birthdays. We are staying at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

They are both great golf enthusiasts so we hope to book a round of golf for them whilst we are there!

Can anyone advise me on how best to book it and where would be the best course, they will have to hire the club of course.

Any other suggestions of restaurants for a special meal would be appreciated too.

Lynnie

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

See the concierge at JBH they are excellent at booking things for you.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

There are a couple of golf courses quite close by; Emirates Golf club is close and also the Montgomerie.

Then there are a couple more a bit further away; Dubai Creek Yacht and Golf Club and Arabian Ranches are within a 30 min cab ride.

As Maureen say the conceirge can book them for you or you can look at the web site for each one and compare costs before you go to help you decide.

If they are serious players the Emirates (whilst it is usually the most expensive) is probably the one to go for.

As for restaurants for a special meal then at the Jumeirah Beach you have easy access to more than 40 and then in Dubai itself there are hundreds - do you have any idea of what sort of restaurant you want ?

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

Thank you.

I'm doing some more research but Emirates look good to me!

do you think if I contact the hotel they can give me some prices & dates. Do you think an early morning tee off would be best or is that very expensive? - (heat wise - I know my man does't like playing in too much heat!).

I would love to eat in a restaurant with a really lovely view, we are out there for Valentines night too so a bit of romance would be good too?

(sorry for not replying quicker, I've had to switch off the notifications in case he sees the comments as this is a surprise holiday!)

Lynnie

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

I would just book it direct with the golf course; all of the green fees and cost are shown on their web site and you can call them or use email to book

dubaigolf.com/emirates-golf-club/play/majili…

February should be OK heat wise but early morning around 8am will be fine and won't waste the whole day.

If the view is the main thing then Pier Chic at the Al Qasr hotel is your best bet - you can book this online too or call Jumeirah reservations.

jumeirah.com/Hotels-and-Resorts/…

I wouldn't wait until you are there to book Pier Chic as it is very popular on Valentines night - some of the other complex restaurants will have special meals on that night too.

You may also want to consider eating on the Burj al arab beach at Majilis al Bahar - very lovely

jumeirah.com/en/…

Edited: 9:37 am, November 09, 2012
Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

Thank you.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

yes just call the course direct, midweek is cheaper, Faldo course has floodlights so can be played at night.

The Els Course and Al Badia are in the Entertainer book, so buy one get one free :)

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

I've booked Emirates Majlis course through Dubai Golf. they were very helpful and price was about what we had expected. (£170)

lynn

8. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 30, 2013