We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Grosvenor House Restaurant?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Which Grosvenor House Restaurant?

Hi All,

Staying at Grosevnor House for 3 nights and would like to eat at one of Buddha Bar, Indego by Veet, Torro Torro or Mezzanine by Gary Rhodes. Which would you recommend?

Thanks all.

Elaine

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,643 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Grosvenor House Restaurant?

Depends what you like to eat I guess.

Torro Torro is Latin American - so tapas and full meals. There are nicer South American restaurants in Dubai to try.

timeoutdubai.com/restaurants/…9709-toro-toro

Indego is an Indian restaurant - not traditional but high end westernisedx style indian food. Gets rave reviews though

timeoutdubai.com/restaurants/…7604-indego

Buddha bar is really a bar where you can eat if you want, you don't have to. It can get very smoky in there. You could eat in one of the others and just do Buddha bar for drinks

timeoutdubai.com/bars/reviews/5472-buddha-bar

Gary Rhodes Mezzanine is high end British food - fancy dan fish and chips and shepherd's pie kind of thing.

timeoutdubai.com/restaurants/reviews/1636-rh…

If I had to pick one of the above I'd go for Gary Rhodes but there are really nice examples of the same thing relatively close by.

For Indian my preference would be Ninas at the One and Only reosrt (5 mins by cab) or Amala at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray hotel (20 mins by cab on the plam)

For Latin American I'd go to La Parilla at the Jumeirah Beach hotel (10 mins by cab) or Pachanga at the Hilton (5 mins by cab)

British fancy dan food at Rivington Grill; either their branch overlooking the fountains at Souk al Bahar or their branch in the Madinat Souk (10 mins by cab)

But you may want to stay close that night as I know you only have a short time and so hopefully reading the reviews above for each one will help you decide

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Grosvenor House Restaurant?

We stayed at Grosvenor House in October and ate at both the Buddha Bar and Indego - both were excellent. Buddha Bar has the most amazing ambience/atmosphere. At Buddha Bar we ate in the restaurant section furthest away from the bar area and had no problem with smoke. We did not try Gary Rhodes Mezzanine but had an excellent dinner at Gary Rhodes Twenty Ten which is only a few minutes across the road at the sister hotel, Le Royal Meridien. You will not go wrong with any of the restaurants you have on your list and as Latimer says it depends what you like to eat.

3. Re: Which Grosvenor House Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 30, 2013