We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Days in Dubai - Dec

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
2 Days in Dubai - Dec

I am holidaying in RAK in early December, but am looking to spend a day or two in Dubai to see the sights and sounds!

Probably travelling from RAK, staying over for one night, and then travelling back the next day. Would this be long enough? Or would you recommend 2 nights?

Can anyone recommend any "Must Visit" places for couples aged 28 & 30?

So far I am looking to visit Burk Khalifa, and also do cocktails/tea at the Burj Al Arab.

We are more interested in "City" type activities, not so much the "traditional" side of things - ie: Bars, restaurants, malls, etc...

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Days in Dubai - Dec

A drive up Jumeirah Palm to the Atlantis Hotel could be interesting. The Palm is man made, needs to be seen to really appreciate the work that went in to making it all possible.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,786 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Days in Dubai - Dec

Yes, but the palm island is best seen from above otherwise you don't get an impression of a palm shape - if you go to afternoon tea in Skyview Bar at Burj al Arab you will see it from there. I certainly wouldn't drive all the way down the palm unless you were planning on visiting Atlantis for something - otherwise it's just a car journey to one end of the palm and back and it's so big you could be anywhere.

It depends on how long you are staying in RAK as to whether you have one or two nights in Dubai or indeed whether or not you go to that expense. RAK is 90 minutes from Dubai, hotels have shuttle buses and most folk take the shuttle in to Dubai and then a taxi back (as the return time of the shuttle is not ss convenient) A taxi will cost roughly 180 dirham (£31 ish) each way but will be a lot cheaper than a night or two in a Dubai hotel.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Days in Dubai - Dec

Thanks for your advice. =)

I was considering staying in RAK the whole time, and then getting a taxi to/from Dubai. I just prefer the option of having a place to stay in Dubai without having to worry about having to leave at a certain time to get a taxi back to RAK... Im still weighing up the pros and cons of each, but quite like the idea of being based in Dubai for a few days.

Looking to book in the next few days - Im getting excited now its finally within touching distance!!

4. Re: 2 Days in Dubai - Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 28, 2013