We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shisha or Hookah

A D
London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shisha or Hookah

Staying at Atlantis and am a big fan of shisha and smoke it when I can in London. I've been told Dubai has some of the best shisha you can get.

The Levantine bar in Atlantis serves it throughout the day from what I understand?

Are there any other places where I can get good shisha around that area?

Also whats the cost like? When I had it in Turkey you just pay and they fill you up all night. Was fantastic with a few beers.

thanks!

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shisha or Hookah

Two other very popular places for shisha are the Reem Al Bawadi chain of restaurants (the nearest ones to you will be at Al Manar Road/Sheikh Zayed Road) or the marina by marina walk. They are filled with locals and famous for the variety of flavours (as well as food) but they do not serve alcohol.

Shakespeare and Co cafes (one in Souk Al Bahar, one on Sheikh Zayed Road, Marina mall etc. google them for their multiple sites) are also very popular for shisha- again, unlicensed. Souk Al Bahar has a few Lebanese restaurants which are very popular for shisha too (again unlicensed).

The best places cater to the local population who really care passionately about their shisha experience so they generally don't service alcohol.

You do pay a one-off fee for them here too. Hotels are more expensive than these unlicensed places.

If you want to drink with your shisha, I believe the ones at Atlantis, The Palace Hotel and The Royal Mirage are good- but of course pricier- too.

2. Re: Shisha or Hookah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, December 15, 2013