We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For ellemay-2 days in dubai

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
For ellemay-2 days in dubai

Sorry ellemay I was too late to answer your question.The reply to this post button has disappeared.We have just spent 3 days in dubai.I personally would not stop at the beach.No waves,sand is more like builders sand maybe because there is so much building going on there.

We stayed at the Hilton Dubai creek and it is a good place to stay.If you want to have executive lounge access you have to book it as they will not upgrade.However I suggest you get a hilton plus room-these are the rooms at the front with a great view over the creek.It is usually much less expensive than on the beach.Whilst there maybe try out Verre-the gordon Ramsay restaurant in the hilton.We thought it quite reasonable value.

For 2 days consider the Big Bus tour as you basically will see everything.The ticket lasts 24 hours so start off about 10.30am on the first day and the second day use it as your transport to the Dubai museum,then walk through the old souk,catch an abra across the creek and go to the gold souk

One thing we did was to have afternoon tea at the Burj.By booking as soon as we could we got the best table in the place with a great view.It cost$A190 for 2 but it is an experience.They supply as much food as you want so no need for dinner that night but a short taxi ride away is the mall of the emirates-an experience even if not a shopper.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For ellemay-2 days in dubai

Ellemay I would agree with everything Ron has advised and maybe eat one evening at the revolving restaurant at the top of the Hyatt Regency- a great experience with fantastic views and an excellent international buffet including arabic food. Take a look at Ski Dubai if you go to Mall of the Emirates its quite a sight.