We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused on the ski dubai pricing

KL
Level Contributor
195 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Confused on the ski dubai pricing

Hi All,

Planning to ski in ski dubai with 2 children (beginners) and me intermediate level.

In the brochure there are several pricing Power pass, Super pass, Ski slope (2 hours) and Ski slope (day pass).

In power pass, it is mentioned of 60 mins discovery lesson in ski-school but no mention of ski clothing/equipment and ski slope use. But unlimited chair lift rides is included.

In Ski slope (2 hours) - no mention of ski clothing/equipment at all. So the clothing must be rent separately?

In Ski Slope (day pass) - no mention of any lesson, but the clothing and equipment is included.

Can anybody advice me which pass should I choose? I am planning to do 2 hours skiing, using their clothing/equipment. My children probably will need the lessons.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

To ski for 2 hours you just need the Ski Slope pass and equipment will be provided but you need to provide hat and gloves which can be bought from the store. You can extend this pass by one hour once on the slope.

You can purchase lessons separately

The day pass is if you want to ski all day

If you children are beginners rather than never skied before then you probably will not need the lesson.

All passes include the necessary equipment to suit that type of pass .

KL
Level Contributor
195 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

Thanks so much. That is so helpful. They have skied once last month and learned fast.

Watton, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

I too have been a little confused at the Ski Dubai pricing! However, some of it is now clarified by the response above but I'm still unclear as to the chair lift element of the 2-hour slope pass. I did email Ski Dubai about this a few days ago, but they've not responded. My question is this: the details for Power Pass and Super Pass specifically say "unlimited chairlift rides" but the 2-hour slope pass and day slope pass make no mention of this, although they include all the equipment etc. Whilst I can't imagine there being any point in having a slope pass if you can't use the chairlift, I wanted to clarify that you're not expected to walk all the way to the top or something daft! Any advice would be appreciated :)

Ah - update - I just noticed mention of a button lift in another thread - could it be that the 2-hour pass only allows use of the button lift? Clarification appreciated!!

Edited: 10:38 am, November 01, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Ski Dubai
Ski Dubai
8,629 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
KL
Level Contributor
195 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

Good point. Let's hope somebody can help explain. We are due there in 3 weeks.

Watton, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

Hi xyzn - well we're there mid-December so if no clarfification appears on here before you go I'd be really grateful if you could post an update when you return! Thanks a lot :)

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

Your are likely confused because of the marketing products. If you are going skiing , you will get skis boots helmet poles and socks; you need to provide hat and gloves. The lifts are included in the price - as you say how else could you ski. there is a button lift that works during peak hours and a Poma 4 seater lift that works all the time

The unlimited chair rides refers to the Super pass because this product is mainly for the snow park but some people like to have the experience of riding a chair lift. Remember this is a desert and lots of people have never experienced cold and snow let alone a chair lift.

Hope that helps

Watton, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

Aha! Thanks blighty - that clarifies things for me. As I said, it would seem daft if the slope pass didn't include use of the lifts - I guess they could word things a little better :)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

just bear in mnd tht the personn writing it may not have English as a first language - they probably worded it better than you could in Arabic, Sanskrit, Urdhu or Tagalog

Watton, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

Hi Latimer - sure, I appreciate that - it was the confusion over the fact that the chair lift wasn't even mentioned in the prices for the slope pass that had me confused - and my foreign language capabilities extend no further than schoolboy French - I didn't mean to criticise - apologies if it read that way!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Confused on the ski dubai pricing

Sorry didn't mean to sound preachy. and I've got a sticky key thing going on too