We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time between flights

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Enough time between flights

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question about my flight with Emirates to Bangkok. I have a layover in Dubai of 2 hours 25 minutes on the way and only 1 hour 40 minutes on the way back, I didn't think anything of it when booking but now I've read on forums that you need longer layovers in Dubai and people are quite often missing their flights :-/

I've never travelled long haul with stops before and I'm travelling alone so now I'm in a blind panic that I will miss my flights, has anyone done this flight? Is it enough time? And will it be fairly simple changing over given both flights are with Emirates? Will I have to collect my luggage and go through passport control and then check in and go through sercurity for my new flight? I really have no clue how it works and I'm cursing myself for leaving it too late to get a direct flight with Thai Airways now!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks :)

4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Enough time between flights

Thank you. Very good info.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Enough time between flights

we have a 1 hour 40 minute stop over at Dubai when we are flying from Glasgow to Singapore with Emirates. Will I have enough time to shop in duty free?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Enough time between flights

You might. No one can say for sure.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Enough time between flights

Not a whole lot of time I would say unless you know exactly what you want.

It takes time to deplane and commute within the airport.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Enough time between flights

I wouldn't think so. It's borderline.

16. Re: Enough time between flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 15, 2015