We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

Brighton
Level Contributor
129 posts
288 reviews
Save Topic
Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

Does anyone know if this affiliation is still in place? We had planned to stay there on an Emirates stopover, but the hotel does not come up in the list today. We were hoping to have Emirates handle our hotel, transfers, visas, for a 4-day stopover after 5 weeks in Africa. Looking for something with somewhat predictable amenities and in walking distance to the "older" interesting culture sites... any info?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

If you are UK passport holders then you automatically get a free 30 day visa on arrival so don't need anyone to organise anything.

No need for transfers as Arabian Courtyard is only 10-15 mins from the airport and around 45 dirham (£8 ish) in a taxi even with the 20 dirham pick up from airport surcharge included.

I would just book it direct via the Arabian Courtyard web site

http://www.arabiancourtyard.com/

Brighton
Level Contributor
129 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

We are Canadians and so we need to have the pre-done visa, according to everything I can find... also, we arrive at midnight from Dar es Salaam, not looking forward to finding a taxi in a strange place at that hour.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,468 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

Yes you are correct, Canadians do need visas.

I am aware you apprehensive in a strange place, but getting an airport taxi is really easy, there are loads of them and they are very reasonable, a private transfer is normally quite a bit more money.

Also booking a hotel yourself directly is quite easy to do, Emirates holidays are not always the cheapest, night be worth booking it yourself.

Brighton
Level Contributor
129 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

Do you have an opinion about the Arabian Courtyard Hotel? It seemed to be really well located for our purposes...

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

Sorry didn't know your Nationality and I would definitely recommend organising your visa via Emirates, which you can do easily via their web site.

I'd still look at booking the hotel separately.

Taxis are easy to find at the offical taxi rank at the airport, just follow the signs and you'll spot a bloke organising the rank.

The Arabian Courtyard is a great hotel, really well located oposite Dubai Museum and close to the creek and the souks. Pool is quite small and could do with a refurb but they also offer a shuttle bus to Jumeirah Beach Park and a beach park pack with towels etc

You can walk from Arabian Courtyard to Bastakiah and many other cultural heritage sites so sounds like it would be ideal for you. I've stayed there 3 times myself.

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

Don't worry about Dubai airport at midnight- outside is like Picadilly Circus-taxis, whistles, people, cars milling around etc. We always arrive from Newcastle around that time and it is anything but quiet and very safe.

The quietest place is inside the airport terminal through security and collecting luggage- there is a "hush" about the place until you get outside. Enjoy.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

here are the maps

…nationalgeographic.com/city-guides/…

Please note that Basta Art Cafe has changed its name ti Arabian Tea House restaurant and that on this map it is marked as position 7 - the map is a little out because it is actually on the other side of Al Fahidi Street looking at the roundabout not next to it.

…nationalgeographic.com/travel/…

Arabian Courtyard hotel is oposite position 1 on the map above and Bait Al Waheel restaurant is on the water front in the textile souk between position 5 and 6.

…nationalgeographic.com/city-guides/…

This is Deira on the oposite side of the creek. You can reach it by abra from Bur Dubai abra station and then there is a subway under Beniyas Road to reach the spice and gold souks.

This is the information on the cultural breakfasts and lunches at SMCCU

http://www.cultures.ae/cultural_lunch.php

8. Re: Arabian Courtyard affilated with Emirates for stopover?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, July 09, 2013