We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madinat - age restrictions - Ramadan

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Madinat - age restrictions - Ramadan

Have booked the Al Qasr for end of September so will be there for Ramadan. Can anybody tell me how the facilities in the hotel are affected? I know you can't smoke, eat or drink in public in daylight hours but presumably they won't let us die from dehydration!

Are golf courses and wild wadi affected at all e.g. opening hours?

One last question! How strictly is the age policy applied in the bars and in Trilogy? Will have 20 year old son with us who loves his clubbing!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Golden Balls
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Madinat - age restrictions - Ramadan

You'll be fine in the hotel. You might miss a beer or two until the evening but, otherwise, it's eat, drink, and be merry.

There might be an ID check but he may be lucky if he looks the part. At 20, and looking 20, he should have no problem.

Copenhagen
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Madinat - age restrictions - Ramadan

Basically Dubai has changed so much over the years that the concept of Ramadam has radically changed with it. The facilities in the hotel will generally remain unaffected, as Hotels enjoy special status in Dubai. This is to say restaurants / pool menu etc will be available all day. Shops and malls will remain closed until the evening. The golf courses are open, but you cannot enjoy a cold one until after 7pm. You can smoke, eat and drink in public - but it is not wise as it will offend your hosts - so it is better to refrain outside the confines of the hotel. - As for the age limit - generally speaking if he looks around 15 he will have little interference in his clubbing activities. Wild wadi might be closed - as it popular with local families - check their web site. http://www.wildwadi.com/

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madinat - age restrictions - Ramadan

Thanks for the advice - and so quickly too. I've got a happy clubber! Given the prices of the wine and beer we'll be happy to wait until after 7pm I can tell you!

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madinat - age restrictions - Ramadan

Malls WILL be open during the day but some shops may be closed.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Madinat - age restrictions - Ramadan

Almatt, if you use the word Ramadan in the search engine on this forum, you will find more information than you will actually know what to do with!

The age limit here for clubs, pubs, etc. is 21.