We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Really Early 2.30am

Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Arriving Really Early 2.30am

How hard is it to get in to your hotel at this time and would they normally charge you for a nights accomadation. And if you didn't have a hotel for that time- what could you do in Dubai say from about 4.30am when your through customs etc. We currently don't have a hotel booked, so any suggestions for one that would accomadate this sort of thing. Thanks for your comments.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

Ahmed

Pls visit the U.S. or Canada and see how they drive (if you have not done so already).... everyone signals (even when its their right of way)

nobody jumps queues, or tries to use the hard shoulder

people respect one another and obey signals.... even STOP signs....

if you ask people in Dubai what a stop sign is for, they will most probably tell you its a useless sign as it doesnt give speed limit...

here its a free for all....

Bahrain
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

Oh come on guys, I realy know all of this. You are realy making Dubai sounds like the worst place to drive !! I'm sorry I haven't visit the US or Canada yet, but I have driven in Switzerland (The most polite drivers ever), as well, Germany, Brussels, and Amesterdam.

If you all drove in Dubai, I'm asking if you drove in Saudia Arabia? or Even worst, Egypt, Syria, go further India (me not yet), but I drove a car in the first three (in the capitals) !!! Trust me guys when I say you will be wishing for Dubai.

What I mean there are better and worst from Dubai. I wish that we respect the driving rules and signs in our Arab countries, but if some people don't it doesn't mean we go using taxis, or not recommending driving for every one (even to whom want to try it).

Since I have started driving my own way in my travel, I have saved alot of money and time, even I have enjoyed my trips more, and added some action and thrill to it.

Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

thanks guys, your responses have been interesting :-)

I have driven approx. 10000 miles in the US, and do long distance trips in Australia i.e up to 10hrs. I could see Ahmed's point as he didn't actually say to drive but was giving me another alternative. But thankyou Jaky for being concerned :-) I tend to find once i have been in a place for awhile then i will look at if i will drive in that country and unfortunately I didn't plan very well and will only be in Dubai for a day. I probably won't be driving as i will be coming of a 7hr flight and no sleep since the morning before and then leaving at 3.50am the next day. It sounds like though some of the drivers you have may of come from my hometown Adelaide, they don't like to use their blinkers nor let anyone either :-) I really like the mall idea though, do you have an approximate time they open?

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

But Hot&dusty if you used your signal when driving in Dubai you would give the other drivers a warning of what you were thinking and that half space you were trying for would disappear.

I drive in many countries but I think I am not brave or silly enough to tackle Dubais roads yet.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

No doubt India is deadly.....

Was told Cairo was bad, but when I got there... it was fun, drove for 3 days and all the time didnt even look where I was going while driving (too busy starin at da chicks).

all da egyptians were busy gettin out of my way... ha ha....

But still have to say, if you havent driven in a hostile environment, or u aint a rally driver, safer to use a cab....

and it is cheaper (if your using a reputable car hire)

16. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:58 pm, May 14, 2006
Orewa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

Jacks,

What tour are you doing in Egypt. We are starting a Peregrine Tour on the 20th as well

Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

the Nile Escape. No longer stopping in Dubai now :-( and will be in Cairo on the 18th Feb instead. Ours is under the Gecko's banner (which is peragine) . My email address is jacks24au@yahoo.com.au if your doing the same one.......

Orewa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

No, we are doing the Classic Egypt Tour. Hope you enjoy yours.

Cheers

20. Re: Arriving Really Early 2.30am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 12, 2009