I had just landed back from Dubai trip of 3 nights 4 days from June 16 to June 20th. I had planned trip economical and to the point and hence if any one has questions regarding that you are more than welcome. Must dos:
- Purchase Telecom sim at airport (sim is valid for 30 years) cost 0 with 50AED recharge voucher means 15 min international call free.
- Purchase Silver NOI metro card. Metro is the cheapest best and fastest way to travel in dubai. Costs 20 AED and gives you 14 AED value in it. I travelled on it from Airport to World trade centre where my hotel was located.
- Buy water from shops supermarkets and always have a water bottle with you else you will get sun stroke. its just 1.5 AED for 1 ltr.
- Book hotel near to Burj or Bur Dubai else you will travel a lot to see around the city. I booked one of the cheapest IBIS hotel which had nice complementary breakfast and internet connection.
- Dont walk when not necessary since you loose a lot of water and anyways you will be walking a lot in malls or shopping places. Dubai is big and malls will make you walk atleast 10 km in them if you want to seriously explore them.
Now things which you must do:
- Book in advance or the day you reach to Go to Top of Burj Khalifa. Slots get full faster and check it on website http://burjkhalifa.ae/ try and book sunset time. For me it was 6.30 to 7 PM so that you see the city and then awesome sunset from top.
- Book a tour for Desert Safari it cost 150 AED and takes your 6 hr of the day. Its awesome experience.
- Book a tour for Dubai creek boat ride, check if they have number of persons on board if they dont get 10 customers they wont start the boat. Instead of waiting i asked a small boat guy to show me around with 100 AED per hour.
- Book a tour to Bastakiya quarters from http://smccu.com/. Call them up what time they have scheduled tour and reach there on time. They give an awesome experience of old lifestyle of bastakiya quarters and cost around 30-50 AED. They also undertake tour of Jumeirah mosque which you cant go inside without them. By metro you should get dropped at Al Fahidi station and either walk or take taxi towards Rulers court.
Above tours are to be booked in advanced and below things are fillers but are also very important to see.
- A metro ride to IBN Batutta mall and shop inside it. There are nice sculptures inside for you to admire. the whole thing will take couple of hours to complete.
- A metro ride to Mall of Emirates and have a look inside it. There is skiing happening inside mall you can just admire what man can create on desert.
- A metro ride to Dubai mall, there is ice skating rink inside it and lot of things you must see. Sharaf DG is the best place to buy Gadgets. If you start comparing prices it might not be cheapest around world.
- A ride to Deira City center, this is old mall but you can get some good deals there. And near by is baniyas station.
- A ride to Baniyas station and walk around souks. you will find 60 kgs of gold ring on display with guiness record on it. Nice place to shop gold and anything you want. This is the cheapest buying destination in dubai.
- A ride to Dubai Marina and walk towards boating section. Burj al arab pics can be taken and this place is near to palm and burf. This is the only place where boats are allowed in sea.
I didnt try going to beaches as it was hot and also parks. I didnt get time to visit atlanta in palm island, this place you can ride with dolphins. But above things are more than enough to take you whole time.