We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying gold in Dubai Airport

Santa Clara...
3 posts
Buying gold in Dubai Airport

I'll be travelling to Dubai in a week and have a 3hr layover at Dubai. Are there any good shops in the Airport where I can get gold jewelery at reasonable prices?

90 replies to this topic
Lahore, Pakistan
1 post
11. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

I want to buy a gold bar from Dubai airport .I will be only three hours for stay there.please guide by any brother.Is it will be good deal for me?I have to go to Pakistan.If it will cheap as compare to Pakistan.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,123 posts
8 reviews
25 helpful votes
12. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

You can compare the prices from the country websites or newspaper sites. Advantage of Dubai gold is mainly the guarantee of purity, and tax free. Quite likely it will be cheaper than Pakistan. 3 hours are more than enough, as there is only one outlet for gold jewellery and bars.

13. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, September 30, 2013

New Delhi, India
1 post
14. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

I also went to Dubai airport buying gold is quiet similar as India just you change your currency into Dirham and go to terminal 3 because terminal 3 is best for buying gold. And it has cheap rates compared to India. So best of Luck. And if you are going to dubai have a safe journey........

dubai
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
15. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

I dont know what price they are going to charge for gold bar in the airport but when i bought my gold coin they charge me the price of gold (same at that day ) + 10 dhs commision ! so its how they charge in gold souk you can compare when you got there obviously the airport is tax free but it doesnt make much different in price because im sure they pay more rent then people pay in gold souk !!! i think it will be more expensive than outside as everything in the airport is more expensive ( sorry for my english )

16. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, November 23, 2013

1 post
17. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

Can I buy gold inside the dubi airport terminal 3 at any time.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12,133 posts
27 reviews
28 helpful votes
18. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

Airport and all shops operate 24/7/365.

Dubai, Dubai...
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
19 helpful votes
19. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

you can buy the gold at Dubai Airport in any form , Indians please check the custom rules before purchasing.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
20. Re: Buying gold in Dubai Airport

Are there any new custom restriction in buying gold from Dubai. Someone told me that male can buy only upto INR 50000 and female upto INR 1 lac. Anything above this amount has to pay customs at Dubai airport? It doesn't make sense to me why would I pay customs for buying from you.

Is anyone aware of any such new rule since last month?

Reply to: Buying gold in Dubai Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted