We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel and Dubai

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Israel and Dubai

I wonder where i can get the correct information. This is always the problem. Different people give you different information and then one doesnt know if you are Arthur or Martha.

I was told TWO different things by TWO different travel agencies.

One told me that you CANNOT go to Dubai if you have ISRAEL stamped in your passport. Another told me you CAN go to Dubai if you have Israel stamped in your passport. I know that it was a problem many years ago but thought that it had been cleared up. Does anyone know the correct answer. Many thanks.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
381 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel and Dubai

Have you tried calling Emirates since they fly from Cape Town to Dubai and we have a large Jewish Community who of course will have Israeli stamps in their passport.

I lived in Dubai in the mid 90s for a few years and it was a definite No No then, but things may have changed.

Edited: 4:46 pm, April 11, 2012
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,708 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel and Dubai

It used to be on the UAE Embassy website in the UK that it was no issue at all and to be honest I've lived in Dubai over 25 years and I have never heard of anyone being refused entry for having an Isreali stamp in their passport, it was always thought of as being a little bit of an urban myth to be honest. Interestingly though the section has been removed on the above mentioned website.

The only way you will get peace of mind is to contact your nearest UAE embassy and ask them I'm afraid.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel and Dubai

My understanding is that the refusal is based upon being a citizen of Israel with Israeli passport ( This is a definite) or suspected Israeli's travelling on other passports.

The refusal is not based upon being Jewish or having an Israel stamp in your passport, if the latter were the case then I am sure my residence visa would have been refused.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel and Dubai

i would double check before booking although i am pretty sure you wont have a problem

you can also get a kosher meal with emirates for the flights if you book it when you book the flight

regards straw bear

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel and Dubai

Thanks everyone for the updates - yes that's another thing about the kosher meal. I was tokld no kosher meals on Emirates and then someone else told me there are kosher meals.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel and Dubai

we got no problem on a trip to mauritius last month altough the food was not very good it was glatt kosher let me know how you go on straw bear

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel and Dubai

Glatt kosher I am sure must not be too exciting-generally the kosher food is awful but out of cape town its excellent, however Turkish messed up with my kosher food but that's another story!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel and Dubai

hi diva cape did you get a answer on the passport stamp ?

straw bear (answer on send private message if you want to

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Israel and Dubai

Hi Strawbear - no I didnt. I need to get the t/a to call them or i will send them a message.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Israel and Dubai

Ok this is what I have found out. If you are an Israeli citizen in transit through Dubai its fine. If you are an Israeli citizen/passport holder you cannot go to Dubai. If you are a South African having been to visit Israel with Israel stamped in your passport its fine - you can visit Dubai.