We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus to Oman

Amsterdam
3 posts
Save Topic
bus to Oman

Have somebody taken the bus from Dubai to Muscat>

Do you know from where these busses are leaving, what is

the price and how long takes the journey? and where

dus the bus stops in Muscat??

Thanks a lot for your reply

Kind regards

Dinie Kempers

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus to Oman

i tried to get a bus from abu dhabi to dubai and the main bus terminal would not allow tourists onto the buses- they were for male workers and muslims. We ended up hiring a car instead. I have hired a car from dubai to muscat and it took around 5/6hours. I wouldnt recommend a normal bus- u would need to go with a tour group or hire a car. It may be cheaper to buy flights in dubai direct to muscat as they are not expensive.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus to Oman

I have taken the bus from Dubai to Muscat.

The bus leaves from a small bus stop near the Dubai airport. Any hotel or taxi driver can tell you exactly where. They sell bht bus tickets in a shop and the bus parks outside the shop. The price is cheap and I don't remember how much. It takes about 4 or 5 hours.

In Muscat, the bus stops several places before ending up in the bus terminal downtown. The bus will stop most anywhere someone wants to get off before the final stop in Muscat.

The bus is comfortable and clean and efficient. The bus will stop at the border of Oman for passport control.

Amsterdam
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bus to Oman

Thank you very much for your information. It helps a lot.

Do know if you can get a visum at the border to enter

Oman??? (we haven than already a visum voor Dubai).

Thank you once again.

Kind regards

Dinie Kempers