We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai airport-good meeting point ?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai airport-good meeting point ?

We are arriving on United in Terminal 1 at Dubai airport. Our friends are coming on Emirates so will arrive in Terminal 3.Are terminals 1 & 3 connected or can any one suggest a good meeting point for us since our flights arrive around the same time but in different terminals?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,524 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai airport-good meeting point ?

They are connected airside but one party will have to get a shuttle bus or taxi round to meet the other when you exit the terminal. You can't use the airside connection in arrivals, only in departures.

To be honest if you are staying in the same hotel I would just grab a taxi from the official rank and meet up at the hotel - less hassle

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai airport-good meeting point ?

1am going to mumbai via dubai from London heathrow I have to meet my mum in dubai airport same terminal 3 she is coming from Dar es salaam we are going same flight to mumbai my fligh arrive 8 o'clock in evening my mum flight arrive dubai at 110 click evening where the we both can meet

3. Re: Dubai airport-good meeting point ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, January 05, 2013
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,526 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai airport-good meeting point ?

Odhavji - you should have posted this separately, instead of following a very old post.

Anyways, one assumes both of you are travelling on Emirates all the way from your respective origins. If your connection to Mumbai is within 8 hours at Dubai, you may not be able to leave the transit area - unless you have either a UK (or any Western country) Passport, or you have pre-obtained the Dubai transit visa. Same applies to your mother. Thus the best point to meet would be inside the transit area. You could use a coffee shop like Starbucks or use a lounge (e.g. Marhaba available on payment) to relax for a few hours before taking your connection.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai airport-good meeting point ?

Latimer was so right in his advice. If you are arriving at different gates- it is best to meet at the hotel. I posted the original question last year and have already been to Dubai. We were on United, our other friends were on Emirates at another gate so we just met at the hotel. However if you and you mom are arriving at the same gate, there is one duty free shop-plan to meet there. I think the duty free shop is right before you exit the airport.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,524 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai airport-good meeting point ?

Yes but the poster with today's question has used an old topic, as far as we can tell is in transit in terminal 3 and not leaving the airport so won't be going to an hotel.

I woulkd just check the arrival boards and note the gate that your mother is due to come ine on - you can wait for her at the end of the air bridge at the gate

7. Re: Dubai airport-good meeting point ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 12, 2014