We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

WE are expecting to take our third holiday to Dubai this year nd I am trying to choose a new hotel. We are looking at Al Qasr or Juneirah Beach. As we have three children we have had to get connecting rooms and pay for four adults and one child, not a cheap option in Dubai!

Can anyone suggest an alternative to taking two rooms (other than killing the kids!). Are there any new good hotels being built (no-that isn't a joke!)

I think the cost of Jumeirah Beach is over the top because of the water park, my kids are happy with a clean pool and I bribe them until the end of the holiday with a trip to Wild Wadi!

All help gratefully recived.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

Simple rule: If you procreate, you must pay. If you require a beach hotel, you are stuffed. If not, look at alternatives like apartments somewhere.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

Al Qasr is a fantastic hotel but there were very few children there when I stayed there- most families seemed to be in the Jumeira beach.

Italy
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

Do the kids a big favour and consider that it's their holiday too------take them to the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

It is far more set up for children and you don't need to feel that they are being kept down all the time as you would do if they start behaving like kids do in somewhere like the Mina or Al qasr which are not really kiddie hotels.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

I'm veering back to Jumeirah Beach, I know its a great hotel as many of our friends have stayed there and we have joined them for meals etc.

The problem with all these hotels is that you have to book so far in advance as the last couple of times I've tried to book it has been impossible. I tried in December to book for October half term 2006 and it was already full.

Guess I'm going to need to be more organised and forward thinking!

Thanks everyone!

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

P.S. for son of BB

It was an immaculate conception!

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

How was that then? Did you have your Sunday best on at the time? Are we talking three brats in one shot?

UAE
Level Contributor
129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

I agree that the Jumeirah Beach is a great hotel for kids, but yes, I do think their rates are very high now. Another alternative (although nearer the construction sites) is the Royal Meridien or the Meridien Mina Seyahi (both beach front, very close to eachother and just a bit further up the coast than the Jumeirah Beach). Personally I think the facilities at the Royal Meridien are much nicer than the Meridien Mina Seyahi but I suppose that's why it is called Royal!

Friends of mine stayed there last year and had a fantastic time....service was excellent, rooms were beautiful (although admittedly not as big as the Jumeirah Beach) and they have beautifully landscaped gardens and two pools as well as a kids club. I also think it appears to be less crowded and noisy than the Jumeirah Beach.

When my friends stayed there they also ran a disco once a week in the evening for the kids with food included (used the nightclub for that). I don't know if things have changed but they certainly had value for money and they paid less than they would have done at the Jumeirah Beach. There is also a wonderful spa and indoor hamam pool area which is really relaxing and the best I have seen in Dubai.

I know there is a lot of construction going on....but there was last year too and it didn't bother my friends at all.

Check out the website and see what you think. It might be worth checking out the price of the suites there...it might work out cheaper! I know that I stayed there once with my kids and ended up in a suite and it was great...two bedrooms and a beautiful living room. LUXURY! As you mentioned, you can always take the kids to Wild Wadi independently.

Enjoy!

Sussex,UK
Level Contributor
331 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

I think Mina Salam is very child friendly actually, and not overrun with kids like JBH

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

R they 3 little darlliiinggsss all the time??

or just when guest, visitors are in ear shot???

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Dubai with three little darlings (and...

Thanks for all your help. it gives me a few more to think about. It's one thing being surrounded by your kids but a few thousand others!!

I did find Jumeirah Baech quite relaxed when I visited friends for dinner and it was half term. I guess if the kids are happy it's a holiday for us too.

Of course they are little darlings all the time dusty, they have a wonderful mother!!