We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Largest House?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,256 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Largest House?

Sorry for repeating question, but my son is doing project on worlds largest houses. Anyone know of one in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi?

Any websites for pictures or descriptions? Thank you.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,256 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Largest House?

bump

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,066 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Largest House?

I think the world's largest house is in Hong Kong or it certainly was the most expensive when the change over happended in 1997.

The best web site for this type of project in my opinion is Ask Jeeves. Try www.ask.com and ask the question 'where is the world's largest house'

I've just given it a try for you and there's loads of stuff on there.

I think the reason that you haven't had any replies on this forum is that people don't know the answer. There are so many palatial homes in the UAE that it's often difficult to see exactly how big they are and they don't tend to publish pictures of the homes because of security I guess.

Another thought is to try looking for pictures of the Sultan of Brunei's main home - that's supposed to be amazing. Bill Gates has a huge pad in Washington state built into the side of a mountain so only 1/3rd of the house is visible. Blenheim Palace in the UK will also be worth a mention.