We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

Manchester
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

Hi,

I am looking to book our honeymoon for around Jan-Mar 2013 and was wondering when was the best time to start looking? Also, who to book with, or whether to do flights and accomodation seperately? We are getting Wed in Sept 2012 but the Carribean and the Maldives are our 1st choices and the weather doesn't seem the best at this time, so we are prepared to wait to go where we want with the best chance of great weather :o)

I am thinking of booking a twin centre holiday comboning Dubai with the Maldives, has anyone done this and can anyone offer any advice?

I was considering 4 nights in Dubai and 10 nights in Maldives, does this sound about right? We do like relaxing but just thought that two straight weeks in the Maldives may be too long, so we are thinking Dubai would break things up a bit and add a bit of excitement and things to do.

Thanks in advance,

Martin.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,807 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

Lots of people combine the two for exactly the reasons you say; you need to decide whether to do Dubai first or second. My advice would be to leave Dubai till you are on your way home as it is not as relaxing as the Maldives will be.

I think it's a wee bit early to be booking for Jan 2013 - the airlines won't have released their shcedules yet.

hornchurch
Level Contributor
136 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

I agree with Latimer. We did Dubai and The Maldives 3 years ago and we said the only thing we'd do differently would be to do Dubai on the way home. We were very said having to get our connecting flight home in Dubai without being able to leave the airport!

I think we booked our trip about 11 months in advance - only because we got a deal through the flight centre that we were happy with. We might have saved money if we'd waited or it might have cost more.

Once you see a price you are happy with, book it!

Manchester
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

Ok thank you for both replies. I have done a bit more investigation and it looks like for a March 2013 holiday, I should be looking around April 2012 at the earliest.

I would have probably done Dubai on the way, but I take on board what you have said and think I will do Dubai on the way home. Makes sense as on the way a connection in Dubai is not an issue as we will be excited to get to the Maldives, where are on the way home stopping in Dubai will break it up a bit.

Thanks again....

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

Hi,

Done exactly the same a year ago.

Flew with emirates (great), and on the way back stayed in Dubai.

We stayed 11 nights in the Maldives, it was great however might not suite everyone. Diving is fabulous, the weather a bit windy.

We stayed at Olhuveli, which was a nice relaxed resort. (45 minutes by boat from the ariport). On the way back 2 nights Dubai (way to short however it was August so also way to warm).

And stopping on the way back makes the whole travel more comfortable. (Jetlag split up, less long in a plane etc.)

I can really recommend it!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

Hi traveller123456235

Do you mind me asking how much that set you back and where you stayed in Dubai? Just so I have a rough estimate of cost - feel free to message me if you do not want to say on here.

It does sound like a great way to do things, altho I think we would do 10 nights in the Maldives and 4 nights in Dubai.

Hoping my budget stretches to it. Looking to spend about £5k for two people. Will have to see, may need to increase this depending on the hotel prices etc.

Also, did you book everything individually or with an agent?

Thanks,

Martin.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

We have just been to Kuredu for 10 nights(AI) followed by 3 nights in a club room at the LRM. We flew with Emirates from Newcastle and paid approximately £5000 for 2 adults and a teenager in August. Booked with Best at Travel. Had a fabulous time and the weather was amazing

Manchester
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

Daphne22_10 , glad to hear you had an amazing time.

Looking at what it cost you gives me hope that it is do-able for two adults for around £5k. We will see, we want to go in peak season for the Maldives so this could change the price a lot.

I believe the weather in the Maldives is good all year round, but go out of season and it is a gamble. Glad you got nice weather tho :o)

Thanks...

Glasgow, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

Hi Steven

I'm looking to the exact same thing as yourself, also around March 2013, breaking up the honeymoon between the Maldives and Dubai, not sure how far ahead you are with your planning but have you found any good companies that cater for this package, or are you booking yourself individually?

Cheers

Jay

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

I have to say that I would per to do the 'city' part first - then relax in the Maldives - my reason is that some years ago we went to Maldives 1st for 14 nights - I was the most relaxed I've ever been in my entire life - then we went onto the city break part (Singapore) and as much as I love visiting cities (& Singapore is my favourite in the whole world) I really wish we had done it the other way around so that we could just relax after the city!

I guess it's all down to,personal taste though.

Upwell nr Wisbech
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Twin Centre - Dubai and Maldives

I have just booked a similar package for the start of March 2013 with 3 nights in the Atlantis the Palm in Dubia and 7 nights in Lily beach 5 nights beach villa and 2 nights in a deluxe water villa as I have always wanted to get up in the morning walk down the steps and go for a swim....what a great way to start your day.

I booked it in the UK through a company called If Only but it set me back nearly £8000 for 2 of us but what the heck its something to tick off my wish list of must do's before I die.