We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

Hi, we are flying into Dubai vwith virgin at 0755 in a months time.

Which side of the plane has the best view when coming into land at the airport. Obvioulsy this depends on prevailing winds but wondered which is normally best.

Many thanks Chris

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

Depends which flight path they use,

from Manchester on Emirates its usually the right hand side but the weather conditions play a part in visibility too ..

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

When we were leaving from Dubai (siting on the left-hand side of the plane) we flew over the world islands. It was an absolutely amazing sight!!!

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

The direction of the wind determines optimal takeoff and landing direction.

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

Yes, I know that wind direction is important but most airports have a preference direction (due to noise polution etc) and most areas have a normal prevailing wind direction.

So I just wondered which is likely to be best.

I WONT HOLD YOU TO IT! ;-)

Thanks Chris

Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

cockpit

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

I wish

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,170 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

I know you won't hold anyone to it but still you''l be disappointed if you pick left and it's right or vice versa

I would far rather leave it to chance - that way you won't be stressed because you 'picked' the wrong side and started your fabulous holiday with a frisson of disappointment.

Go with whichever side you have a gut feeling for and if you get the view then there's your bonus.

8. Re: Best view on incoming flight to Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, October 20, 2012