We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
364 posts
1,055 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental Dubai

I would like to rent a Corvette (prefferably a ZR1), Maserati GranSport or Atson V8 for 3 days. Anyone knows where I can get these cars? I already checked some homepages, found many Audi R8, Ferrari, Lamborghini...

Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Car rental Dubai

Have you tried Travelauto? (http://www.travelauto.com)

12. Re: Car rental Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, January 23, 2015
Edited: 8:35 pm, January 23, 2015
Milwaukee
Level Contributor
2 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car rental Dubai

Beware - Thrifty Car rental Dubai Airport.

I was a bit suspect when I made the reservation over the internet and it was only $37.00 complete for an automatic Toyota for 24 hours including full insurance. Upon arrival waited 25 minutes for the Thrifty lady to prepare the paperwork. She then took an additional $200.00 hold on my credit card for whatever. Good enough, slow but cheap I thought. They then directed me to the fourth lane outside where people pick up arrivals and said the car would be there They gave me a non signed copy of the agreement. After looking for the plate # for 10 minutes a Thrifty guy drove up in the car. I signed and was on my way. Just an aside, this is the first rental car agency I have ever dealt with that did not give you an executed copy of the contract or have a single local map and no directions on how to return except go to departure parking 2C. I was on my way, did my business and returned it 8 hours later. To my surprise after finding the return lot the attendant said there was a parking charge of 50AED for the drop off lot. When I looked at the copy I was given, there was a box at the bottom, stating 25 - 50 AED charges for airport returns. I am not sure if they all try this but I would warn all to be very aware of dealings with Thrifty in Dubai.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,529 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car rental Dubai

A special airport charge is very common in many airports around the world. In my home country it is actually a daily fee for every rental day with one rental company and not a one off. In Dubai the charge is for most rental cars AED 50. They do not all 'try' this, but they actually do it.

As in many hotels, rental car companies make a reservation on your credit card (esp. for damage and tickets). This reservation will be automatically released by your credit card organisation after a set period of days.

If you read this forum, there are "warnings" against all major rental car companies. They are very cheap, sadly the service is mostly as well.

Personally I do not understand what went wrong in your case. You received the booked car at the agreed price within 10 minutes.

The point with the map is fair, however in times of computers and GPS, paper maps lose a bit out. How did you find your way around in the city?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Car rental Dubai

Visited Dubai Aug 2-3. Rented a car via www.holidayautos.com which showed a "Lexus ES350 or similar". After completed the payment, voucher was emailed, so far so good.

When pick up from Budget car rental, there was the following problems:

1) Not the car I booked

Lexus ES350 is not in the Budget Fleet at all. Got a US car of same class (of course far worse than a Lexus). The website is misrepresenting.

2) Smoke in car

So bad that even it was replaced by a second car, my wife and myself both allergic to the air when we are in the car. As the time arrival is 1am, which is very tired, unable to bargain arrange a better car.

3) Offsite

The rental location is not in Terminal 3 of the airport.

Base on the above, totally not worth the money. Trying to ask for money back.

My advise, book direct from reputable company, never via an online agent !!!

By the way, as also written in the thread, the service of Budget can be significantly improved.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
12 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Car rental Dubai

Exactly for this reason I always try to go for Sixt, Hertz and the likes. They have a reputation to uphold and worst case scenario a corporate headquarters to file a complaint in case of any issues with local outlets.

In Dubai I have also used Thrifty a couple of times and although their cars are a bit more worn, they're service is outstanding. No taking hostage of huge amounts on your credit card and no hidden fees afterwards. Have used them multiple times in Dubai and am more than happy if a 'new' car is not a must for that trip.

#justmy2cents

17. Re: Car rental Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:35 am, January 24, 2015
Dalyan
2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Car rental Dubai

I'm presuming this is with all car rentals in Dubai as we hired a car (2013 Mitsubishi lancer) and when we arrived the car was parked in awful lighting and we were asked to do a damage check. Then we were 'upgraded' to a car (2011 lancer) that barely moved. Once we returned the car the following 24hrs, the car hire checked for damage and found a chip the size of a grain of dust and quoted us 1000dhs for charges and we had to file a police report which took 5 hours and into the wee hours of the morning. This was with Dollar who is also under the same management as thrifty. In our experience as we have driven in Italy, Spain, Germany and France, we have never encountered a problem as disgusting as this. There is no tourist support and sadly we will not be returning to hire a car . I suggest to anyone else planning on hiring a car you do a thorough check (also under the bonnet, wheels and front spoiler as these are all areas they will use against you ) and make sure that when you sign the 'legal document' you are 100% happy with the product. If anything is wrong they will use the 'legal document' against you and you will be forced to pay whatever they want.

Hope this helps anyone who is wanting to hire in Dubai.

Dalyan
2 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Car rental Dubai

I'm presuming this is with all car rentals in Dubai as we hired a car (2013 Mitsubishi lancer) and when we arrived the car was parked in awful lighting and we were asked to do a damage check. Then we were 'upgraded' to a car (2011 lancer) that barely moved. Once we returned the car the following 24hrs, the car hire checked for damage and found a chip the size of a grain of dust and quoted us 1000dhs for charges and we had to file a police report which took 5 hours and into the wee hours of the morning. This was with Dollar who is also under the same management as thrifty. In our experience as we have driven in Italy, Spain, Germany and France, we have never encountered a problem as disgusting as this. There is no tourist support and sadly we will not be returning to hire a car . I suggest to anyone else planning on hiring a car you do a thorough check (also under the bonnet, wheels and front spoiler as these are all areas they will use against you ) and make sure that when you sign the 'legal document' you are 100% happy with the product. If anything is wrong they will use the 'legal document' against you and you will be forced to pay whatever they want.

Hope this helps anyone who is wanting to hire in Dubai.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
12 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Car rental Dubai

Hi MikeJ0hns0n,

Have you actually rented from them, http://f1rentacar.ae/? If so, what is your experience? Their prices seem really low and I'm wondering how legit they are.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Edited: 11:09 am, September 29, 2014