We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport expiry less than 6 month

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
passport expiry less than 6 month

hi , would anybody able to tell me if dubai immigration would let me into the country with 3 month left on my passport after stopover for 4 nights in dubai. i hold a british passport. Or would they deny me at the first airport travelling out to dubai ? pls help . i am unable to renew passport in time.

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: passport expiry less than 6 month

Can you not go to your nearest passport office & renew over the counter? I don't think you will be able to enter Dubai, I'm sure someone will give an absolute answer. Good luck.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: passport expiry less than 6 month

Thanks but im coming to uk from abroad and it takes forever for a british passport renewal

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport expiry less than 6 month

You probably won't be able to board the plane as the passport will be checked at check-in and even if you did get past this hurdle you certainly wouldn't get past immigration as on the plane you have to fill up an immigration form with among other things the passport expiry date. You should head to your nearest passport office and get it over the counter.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport expiry less than 6 month

Immigration form? Certainly not for visa on arrival and any other visa application would already be in hand. 6months is the advised time factor by agents/airlines but 3 months is generally the limit for an EU passport.

I do believe with a UK passport up to 9months can be added on if you renew at an earlier stage.

lincoln
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: passport expiry less than 6 month

i think if you are a uk citizen you can enter the eu up until expiry of the passport. I went to poland last year and had same problem, and rang up polish embassy and they told me this. im not sure if that helps you or not!

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport expiry less than 6 month

it used to be 3 months but just checked the UAE website in the UK and it now states 6 months.

" All visitors should have a valid return travel ticket and a passport valid for a minimum period of six months for tourists and employment. "

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passport expiry less than 6 month

To confirm what Swiss says re extra time added on to your passport if you renew earlier. You receive the balance of of the validity, up to a limit of nine months eg if you have three months left and you renew you get an expiry date 10 years and three months after issue. You don't get longer than nine months, though. I renewed my passport when it had five years left and I got nine months, that's the limit.

Which is all irrelevant to the OP if you don't have time to renew but useful info in general.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: passport expiry less than 6 month

Just checked Timatic (used by Airlines ) and it states 3 months so it's the usual UAE confusion.

National United Kingdom (GB)

Destination United Arab Emirates (AE)

United Arab Emirates (AE)

Passport required.

- Passport or passport replacing documents of visitors must be

valid for:

- at least 3 months from the date of entry, for visits of up

to 3 months; or

- at least 6 months from the date of entry, for visits

exceeding 3 months

9. Re: passport expiry less than 6 month

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 15, 2012