We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LONDON
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

Hello, Im travelling to Dubai im May, staying at the Regent Beach Resort which does not have its own section of private beach. How should we go about using private beaches - just pay the hotel who they belong to ? and are the public beaches still ok to use and good quality ?

Also, im sorry i know there are so many threads for dress code, but i have one question to ask please! Should i wear full length loose linen style trousers to visit souks/malls or would 3/4 quater length trousers be ok ?

Thanks, Bart

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

My kids love the topless ladies.

EIre
Level Contributor
503 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

not sure how to reply to that ... or even if I should!!! ;-)

13. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:34 pm, February 21, 2006
Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

Bart, Jumeirah Beach park is not part of the Jumeirah Group. For Dhs. 5 entrance, I would say yes, it is worth it. Don't go on Thursdays and Fridays though (weekend) and I think Saturdays may be ladies and children only. Your hotel should know that.

I believe the Russian beach area is being built into something quite posh (although I haven't been down there to check it out).

LONDON
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

Hi Jaky

I will use the Jumeirah beack park for 5 DHS. How do i pay this, does someone just collect it from you once youre on the beach, or is there an entrance gate ? Guess it will be obvious once im there but im looking forward to it so much, i want to know everything now!

I also read on one of your other threads that they do barbeques on the beach, that sounds great.

Im travelling with my boyfriend who is Algerian. Could you recommend a good North African restaurant. I have seen Moroccan restaurants advertised but are there any algerian run ones?

Thanks, Bart

16. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:51 pm, February 22, 2006
EIre
Level Contributor
503 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

thanks for the tip bear bear!!

Just promise me one thing ... you'll bring a paper bag to cover your head! I'm sure you wouldn't want to scare all around you!

18. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

Removed on: 12:51 pm, February 22, 2006
Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

You would go by taxi and just ask your driver to drop you at the gate and then you pay at the kiosk. The BBQs that are set up there are in the garden part, so you would need to take along charcoal, etc. when you go. Alternatively, you could pick up a disposable bbq tray at the local supermarket and take your goodies along and cook them.

Algerian restaurant - not heard of one but check out the Time Out website and look under restaurant listings. I won't be able to tell you what it's like but if you tell me where it is, I can give you an idea of distance from your hotel.

Hey, if your other half is from Algeria, I guess he speaks Arabic (and French)? Get him to do all the haggling for you, you will get better prices!

LONDON
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: private / public beaches and dress code again, yawn !

Hi Jaky,

I did check out the Time Out website, its mostly Moroccan restauarants for North African cuisine. Will mostly eat the local cuisine anyway coz i love middle eastern food.

My other half speaks arabic, but the algerian dialect is quite different, although he can obviously get by with other nationalities Arabic. He speaks fluent French too. Im hoping he will be very useful when it comes to bargins in the souks! Im English so i will have 'tourist alert' written all over me and probably pay twice the asking price!

Bart