We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 4 Valentines,Theatre, Burj, Pisces

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Day 4 Valentines,Theatre, Burj, Pisces

Valentines had to be a romantic one. We went to the Madinet theatre to see a matine of Romeo and Juliet. Beautiful theatre-small but very luxurious and wonderful ballet. Most people in the audience were dressed ultra smart and loads of wealthy looking Russians.

Next was our sky view drinks package at the Burj. The outside of the Burj is quite mesmorising and you really cant take your eyes off it day or night. Inside I found it very brassy and tacky and the neon rainbow ceiling of the sky view bar is positively stomach churning. (agreed wonga) There are surprisingly few tables with views for a bar called sky view and there were plenty of irate people who felt hard done by after paying all that money and not having a window seat. Still I would nt miss it as I could nt have gone to Dubai and not visited the famous Burj!

Next was dinner at Pisces (well done wonga) This was superb - an absolute highlight -divine seafood, wonderful views from the terrace, and service and atmosphere excellent. A perfect romantic evening!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,564 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 4 Valentines,Theatre, Burj, Pisces

I think that's the problem - when you're looking at the Burj across the water from the Madinat it looks so enticing, you get inside and it's all a bit brash.

Still each to their own - i won't knock it too much or i'll get a bashing from the Burj Al Arab fan club!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,496 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 4 Valentines,Theatre, Burj, Pisces

Rosie

What happened to Verre????

Did you decide not to go?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 4 Valentines,Theatre, Burj, Pisces

Latti after our first taxi ride experience I was nt going anywhere again in the evening rush hour so we cancelled our booking at Verre and decided to stay closer to home.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,393 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 4 Valentines,Theatre, Burj, Pisces

So ER, is is worth going to the Burj for.... high tea, pip pip.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
689 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 4 Valentines,Theatre, Burj, Pisces

sounds great rosie!!!

id love to try pisces when i go back

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 4 Valentines,Theatre, Burj, Pisces

Zappers I think you have to go to the Burj once- some love it some hate it!