We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets around Jumeirah

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
3 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets around Jumeirah

Hi,

I have got 16 days at the Hilton Jumeirah in mid Feb. Having a 2 year old, I was wondering if there was much in the way of supermarkets (for milk and such) and child friendly restaurants round the beach area. Cheers. Stuart

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets around Jumeirah

You'll find the restaurants very child friendly during the day at the hotel and most of the other hotels along that beach.

All of the malls have great eating places and will cater for kids with high chairs etc. The malls also have great kids facilities with indoor play areas that you can take the we'an to.

Supermarkets are everywhere. You'll need to take a taxi but don't worry the taxis are plentiful and cheap.

The nearest supermarket to you is propbably in IBN Battuta mall, ask the concierge for a map of the mall and get the taxi driver to drop you at the right door. There is also a Carrefour (like ASDA) in Mall of the Emirates, about 20 minutes drive away.

There's a Spinneys (like Tesco) on Al Wasl Road, same distance away in the opposite direction. This is in a mini mall area which also has a Mothercare, an Early Learning centre, a great play area and a Starbucks amongst other things.

About 40 minutes away is Mercato mall. This also has a Spinneys and a soft play area. Add to this about 100 shops and a fab nail bar if you're into that. This mall also has an Adams kids clothes store with better prices than at home.

You'll be able to get everything you need for a two year old so my advice would be not to load yourself down with nappies, wipes, beach toys etc. etc. But take enough for the flight and buy the rest when you get there.

Prices are similar to Boots or Tesco here.

If you're inetersted and depending on how long you're there for ask the concierge to find out about Gym Tots and Music and Movement classes at the Ballet School just off the Jumeirah Beach Road. They are excellent and help to break up the day a bit - I know how bored kids can get with sun and sand.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets around Jumeirah

Nearest supermarkers are Geant in Ibn Battuta and Carrefour in Mall of Emirates. There is also a small Spinneys in the Marina.

None are in walking distance.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets around Jumeirah

Hi

I also ar taking two kids 2 year old and 10 months, but staying at Jumeirah Beach club. I know the reviews say you need to drive(taxi) to a mall, but will I have to(are you) supply my own baby seats. Therefore will I need my baby seat for my kids (especailly 10month old). It is not so easy just to jumo in a cab with toddlers!!

Also do we need bottled water??

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets around Jumeirah

Be careful with bottled water for any child under 2 - it has a very high sodium content. Better to use boiled, cooled water.

We always take our own car seat.

Essex
Level Contributor
3 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarkets around Jumeirah

Outstanding advise. Many thanks.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarkets around Jumeirah

Vegie, you are a short(ish!) walk away from Choitrams supermarket, Town Centre and Mercato shopping malls. The problem at the moment is the roadworks (you won't be able to miss them, I promise you!). The municipality reckons they will be finished in two days - I think they are having a laugh! There are no pavements to speak of on the Jumeirah Road at the moment and everywhere is dug up and unless you are familiar with the area, I wouldn't suggest driving as the roads kind of resemble a slalom (is that how you spell it?) - I know because I live just over the road from where you are staying!