We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to see Wildlife...

London
4 posts
Save Topic
Places to see Wildlife...

Hi,

Where can I see wildlife in Dubai? are there any reserves/parks/sanctuaries? I would love to see arabian leopards etc

I am a keen wildlife photographer and am in Dubai for ten days on holiday with my family. Any suggestions of things to see and do other than shop would be great

Thanks

Italy
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to see Wildlife...

Ask Chikta she knows where all the wildlife is in Dubai!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to see Wildlife...

Hi - well, there's the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve - 225 square km. There's excavation sites in Al Ghusais and Jumeria I think. Hatta, one of Dubais most ancient sites with fresh water pools.

I think Fujairah is one of the most diverse emirates,the Al Hajar mountains are fantastic, the wildlife land/air and marine are diverse. Al Wariya valley near Fujairah has great waterfalls.

There are loads of wild places where you *may* see wildlife, my kids have always wanted to see one of those desert foxes with the huge ears.

But, i've not come across anywhere yet where you can get up close and personal with the wildlife. Not that I'd want to though - as far away from humans is the very best place for them.

:0)

New York
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to see Wildlife...

Dubai has a zoo. It is near the beach. From what I hear, the conditions for the animals are rather inhumane. I think I read they plan to move and expand the facility.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to see Wildlife...

Sharjah Desert Wildlife Park

Flamingos and other birds at the head of the creek.

Snorkelling/diving in Fujairah/Khor Fakkan

http://www.uaeinteract.com/nature/

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to see Wildlife...

You won't see much in the "wild" here, not even drunken tourists! Sharjah Wildlife Park is excellent and, of course, you could cough up the dosh and go to Al Maha. There, you would definitely see animals in their natural habitat.

You could also visit a camel farm as part of your desert safari experience.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to see Wildlife...

You can also get to see some great birds in their natural environ's at Recency, St George, Imperial and York.....:-)

The capture, tame ones are at Peppermint, Zinc etc...