We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for tomorrow's flight....

Copthorne, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack for tomorrow's flight....

Hi

I am trying to pack for a flight out tomorrow morning and having checked the weather forecast I have noted it's looking a little chilly ?

I am guessing T shirts, jumpers and 3/4 or even full length trousers for the daytime ?

Possibly not too much bathing by the pool next week ?

Definitely a coat for the evening ?

Would this be about right ?

Many thanks to anyone who can answer as I am fully aware it is Boxing Day !

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,744 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for tomorrow's flight....

I don't think so. Going from Croydon where if you're lucky it's been 2oC why do you think you would need a jumper ?

The temps will feel like a day in June in the UK so not sure that you'll need a jumper during the day and at night whilst it's forecast to drop to 7 or 8oC later in the week, then even then I would say a coat would be a little heavy. Maybe a jumper, cardi or wrap.

You will be able to sunbathe quite happily between 10.30am and 3pm outside those times the sun will be too low and cast long shadows.

I can't see a daytime temp lower than 22oC on the 5 day forecast - wish I was there. Here in Liverpool our highest temp in the last 7 days had been

-4oC with a record low of - 18oC on Tuesday night.

Edited: 2:36 pm, December 26, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack for tomorrow's flight....

Us soft expats often complain that we feel cold when temps drop below around 24c. It's just after midnight and our thermometer is still showing that it's 20.7c outside. We have no inside heating (only a/c for the summer) so perhaps you can realise why we find winters a bit on the chilly side (and we expect no sympathy at all rofl).

We still sunbathe by the pool during the day - it's lovely, anything from 25c - 29c - but that's during the middle of the day if you have direct sunlight. And during the middle of the day we wear much the same clothes as we would during the summer months.

As for needing a coat for the evening - no. A pashmina or a sweater is more than adequate if you think you'll be a bit cold. And to be honest we'd always have these in the back of the car in the summer because the a/c (for us) can be really rather chilly.

Hope we've managed to answer your question on time.

Copthorne, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack for tomorrow's flight....

Thanks for your advice, coat staying behind then !

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
988 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack for tomorrow's flight....

It's 11 PM raining slightly and 18° C (under 70 at the moment), happy sunbathing.... brrrrrrrrrr.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack for tomorrow's flight....

hehe, I never trust these weather reports and what to wear since I landed in Quito (capital of Equador)

I read in this forum that you have to bring jacket and stuff. so I packed a jacket.

on the plane everyone was putting on their jackets.

when i stepped out of the airport I don't know why I brought a jacket :)

a normal summer day the past years in sweden has been like 15 - 25 degrees celsius. :)

some cleanerlady at the hotel got my jacket :)

I have problems this trip tho, I'm leaving -20 degrees celsius and I guess I need to bring some sort of jacket or I will freeze to death..

6. Re: What to pack for tomorrow's flight....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 26, 2011