We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian clothes/dresses

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
9 posts
Save Topic
Indian clothes/dresses

Hi, can anyone advise where to go in Dubai if I want to buy Indian clothes/dresses? Is there an area with Indian shops? The clothes/dresses are going to be used for a wedding so it has to be something beautiful/special.

Thanks in advance.

/NS

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,726 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian clothes/dresses

The textile souk and Meena Bazar area where you can find beautiful materials and have the garments made.

This area is close to Dubai Musuem in Bur Dubai and is several streets of tailors shops

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
952 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian clothes/dresses

Also worth checking out Satwa, the prices there are generally cheaper than Bur Dubai.

Copenhagen, Denmark
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian clothes/dresses

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Unfortunately I'm only staying in Dubai for 4 days so I don't have time to have it made. But are there also shops selling ready clothes in the textile souk and the Meena Bazar?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,726 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian clothes/dresses

Yes I am sure there will be and there is a beautiful store in Dubai Mall

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian clothes/dresses

Hi Tamer

I would think 4 days is plenty of time to have something made they don't hang about there

Regards

Doug

lilongwe malawi
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian clothes/dresses

hi there! i was finding stores in dubai also> i will b there fore 2 weeks in february and wanted some outfits for my wedding and wedding functions... please could someone advise me on where to look for the best outfits and accessories? also could someone know where i can find stores of wedding gowns and accessories> your help will b much appreciated> i really need to do a good job of this> thanks already!

7. Re: Indian clothes/dresses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 07, 2011