We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

I've been quoted a price of 1700dhs for

a deluxe balcony room b&b in the mina a salam

or for the same price

a club room at the Grosvenor house

I've read the reviews could anyone else offer any advantages/disadvantages to the above, I really would appreciate it

ta

Italy
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

What time of year were you quoted this price for. I'm at Mina same kind of room over Xmas at 1600!!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

We have booked for the first week in March.The price seems to be the same on just about every web site.

Were did you book your room

neil

Italy
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

Direct with the hotel.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

Grosvenor House is lovely but right in the construction area.

The Mina has all the benefits of being part of the Madinat complex so plenty of choice for restaurants, bars etc. Although having said that the Grosvenor has really nice bars too. And of course you can stay at the Grosvenor and visit the Madinat complex for about £3 in a taxi coz they're very close togther.

The club options are worth it if you like to sink a few because drink is v expensive.

By the way, I live off Ince Road in Thornton so we may even be neighbours.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

Thanks for the advice Latimer, so what you are saying is the drinks will be a little more than the crows nest.Is the construction work around the Grosvenor really that off putting as I think I just prefer it.especially with the club option.

I am also led to believe that the rooms are on about the 40th floor and sea facing

ta

neil

by the way I live in Coronation Drive

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

Beleive me you won't find anything like the Crows Nest in Dubai - I haven't been in there since I was about 17 and had been thrown out of the George by Mrs Crayton for being underage. Happy memories.

It's really hard to give you advice because I'm telling you my preferences but I have never found the construction that off putting, just mind boggling. I go to the Ritz Carlton which is about 600 yards from the Grosvenor and the construction, whilst visible and audible, has truly never put me off - but again that's me.

If you want to get an idea look at the Trip Advisor Ritz Carlton page and click on the candid photos image. A bloke who was there in September took a picture that really shows the scale of some of it.

The Grosvenor is brand spanking new - I think it opened fully only earlier this year. I use the term brand spanking new because most things in that area are less than three years old, including the Madinat complex.

If you stay at the Madinat you will only see the construction in the distance but in the Grosvenor you're right in the heart of one of the biggest construction projects in the world. Even on the 40th floor, with a sea view you'll be looking right out onto the works for Palm Island. They are builidng 34 blocks of skyscrapers within 1/2 mile of the Grosvenor but if their sound proofing is as good as The RC then once inside you wont hear a thing.

It will probably be more audible when you're by the pool, whereas at the Mina you wont hear anything, just the other tourists.

I can understand your preference for club in an hotel because of the saving on drink and food.

Both hotels are of an exceptionally high standard and as I say you can visit the Madinat complex every night if you want as taxi are cheap, safe and plentiful.

If you do choose the Grosvenor just prepare yourself in advance for the oh my God feeling you get as you are driving towards it from the airport and catch your first site of the construction but again, as I've said, it didn't bother me once we got inside the RC.

Whichever you choose you wont be disappointed in Dubai. When are you going?

Dubai
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

In This price you can get a Fully Furnished 3-Bed Room Apartment in one of the Emaar's Marina Towers. With Scores of Restaurants, Cafes, Supermarket and superb views you would love the idea of having the whole apartment to yourself.... Free Broadband Internet, Premium Satellite Channels and Luxuriously furnished apartments offer all facilities including Swimming Pool, Gym and health Club etc. What's more..if you book for a week, The price can goo to as low as Dhs. 1200 all inclusive! Call 971-50-5254898 and I'll refer you to one of such apartments.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

Hi latimer I will be over from feb 26th - mar 6,hope to catch a bit of the tennis,already booked a night at nad al sheba and the sundowner safari

cant wait

ps thought the idea of the george was that you had to be under aged to get in.

dont tell me you went to Merchant's

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

No I went to Manor High. We may, of course, be talking different eras for The George. I'm 43 so sadly it's a long time since I was thrown out of anywhere for being under age.

The previous bloke has a point about appartments by the way, that's also a fantastic option for staying in Dubai because there are supermarkets a plenty. They also have duty free at the airport on your way to collect your bags and you can pick up booze there.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mina a salam or Grosvenor house

I thought this was Trip Advisor - when did they turn it into Friends Reunited?