We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American traveler in Dubai

NY
2 posts
Save Topic
American traveler in Dubai

Is this a safe time for american travel in Dubai?

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: American traveler in Dubai

Totally!

dallas, tx
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: American traveler in Dubai

its always safe , dont worry at all

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
148 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American traveler in Dubai

Was there 1/24-30, and as a woman felt very safe, took a tour with the Big Red Bus Co. with another woman, and was very at ease. Best advice for anyone visiting is dress conservatively (don't show a lot of skin) - everyone I met was very cordial and happy to assist. Enjoy!

9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: American traveler in Dubai

i just returned from dubai-- went alone-- single 24 year old female-- and had a great time exploring the city w/o any problems. just dress conservatively (no tight fitting clothes/short skirts). in fact, i enjoyed it so much and felt so safe i'm going back there for an internship for 5 weeks.

Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American traveler in Dubai

To all the previous posters: I think tuckahoe1 meant if it was safe as an AMERICAN (also known as person who comes from a country who is ruled by a monkey and randomly attacks countries with large natural ressources so that its residents can keep their gas-guzzling SUVs although they never go offroad) to travel to Dubai ... like, if you get treated differently (or discriminated) when people notice you��re american.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: American traveler in Dubai

It isn't a problem to be an American here. Honest! We have an American school and quite a sizeable US expat community too. And not many of us (of any nationality) blame you for your choice of President!!!!!!

toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American traveler in Dubai

it's safe, don't worry, just don't say anything political to anybody and you'll be fine, they don't hate the US they hate US policy