We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report ..

uk
Level Contributor
218 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report ..

Hello

I thought i would write a report of my experience in dubai seeing as i came on here alot before my trip and got lots of useful info.

we flew with ethiad who were ok, not the best airline but you get what you pay for .. the transfer from abu dhabi to dubai took 1 hour and it was no problem.

we had a fantastic time in dubai. it was the best short break we have ever had.

the towers rotana hotel where we stayed was lovely ..however, compared to some of the other hotels we saw it only looks like a 2 star in comparison! the pool was lovely and we had a gorgeous view over the city and the sea !

on our first day we visited wild wadi which was brilliant. the view of the burj was amazing. the main swimming pool was closed and this did effect the enjoyment a little but it was still worth the £16 to get in.

we then went for lunch at 'la varanda' which is a pizzeria on the beach at the jumeriah beach hotel. the food was lovely and the view amazing. the only way people that dont stay at this hotel can use the beach is if they either pay £30 each to use their facilities for the day or like us make a reservation at one of the retaurants and then sneak onto to the beach afterwards! there are security guards everywhere asking what room number your staying in..

we went on the sundowner desert trip with arabian adventures which was fantastic value for money and great fun. at 3pm we left in a 4 x4 and had a thrilling ride over the sand dunes. we then stopped and watched the sunset, then off to a camel farm. then onto the camp. the camp was lovely and you could eat and drink (alcohol and soft drinks) as much as you wanted! the quality of the food was amazing really tasty and lots ofm choice.

we also had a go at the 'hubbly bubbly' while sitting cross legged on the cushions. it was a strange experience, neither of us smoke but we enjoyed the hubbly bubbly!

there are camel rides and a belly dancer for entertainment.

they then switch the lights off so everyone can star gaze.

this trip was brilliant.

the phil collins concert was really good. the atmosphere was great. he is is so good live.

we also went for a meal in 'teatro' at our hotel. this place was lovely and the food was outstanding. longs bar at our hotel was also brilliant, really lively and the food in there was cheap and really nice.

afternoon tea at the burj was well worth it. we had reservation at 3pm in the skyview bar. the views were breathtaking. we had unlimited sandwiches, cakes, scones, tea, coffee and a glass of champagne and berries with cream. we stayed for 3 hours and watched the sunset.

on the saturday we paid £15 each to use the facilities and beach at the dubai marine club. it was a little expensive but we wanted to have a day at the beach and we didnt know if my partner would be allowed on the public beach on a saturday as it said in time out dubai that men are not allowed on saturdays and the women get harrassed on the beach by local men !

thanks everyone for their advice as it contributed to us having a fab time. i have run out of sayings to express how good it was. outstanding, fantastic, amazing, great !! i think i have used them all!

p.s i did get my 'designer gucci bag' and 2 gucci purses for £30. the quality is brilliant but i think i should have haggled a bit more! i am not cut out for haggling because i get too stressed !

my partner got a 'rolex' for £17 which is still working ..!

x

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,277 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Trip report ..

Thats decent of you Jo. Not keen to put my email address out. You dont know him do you?!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Trip report ..

No Englishrose dont know him personally unfortunately ha ha

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,277 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Trip report ..

Shame Jo!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Trip report ..

would be boss knowing him or shearer englishrose

leicester
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Trip report ..

Jane you are correct you could have haggled more for the purses. I have just come back last week from dubai and got gucci purse for 40 dhirams which is equivelent to just over £6, however got a fair deal for the rolex as i got my designer watches for around £16 each. so good bargaining