We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

for jacky - handbags karama

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Topic
for jacky - handbags karama

hello jacky with reference to your knowledgable advice on karama handbags, my wife would like to know how she can tell a good handbag from its inside lining, could you explain in more detail what to look for. many many thanks, mike

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: for jacky - handbags karama

Check zips, buckles, stitching, the quality of the lining (leather/plastic?) and don't forget the bits that hang off the bags. It's not totally the truth that all these bags are fakes. Many of them are overmakes or made after the factory closes at night (the factory that makes the original that is). I understand that if you were to buy the real mccoy, the bags are now numbered?

Des mentions people being stopped and fined. Yes, you will be if you are caught, either by carrying or wearing stuff openly. Pack it or put it in your handluggage and just don't be overt with the stuff. If you flaunt it in front of the customs people, what do you expect?

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: for jacky - handbags karama

Hi Jaky, if I buy some fake goods from the market do they wrap them up or should I take a big non descript bag to carry them back to my Hotel in? sorry I do not want to seem rude but I have not done fake goods shopping before.

Peruna.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: for jacky - handbags karama

Oh no-one here will take a blind bit of notice of you. It's just for taking them home that you should pack them away. Anyway, when you buy them, you will get numerous plastic (quite good quality actually!) bags to take them back to your hotel in.