We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grosvenor House Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grosvenor House Dubai

I have just read a glowing report of this hotel posted on 1 November by a trip advisor member from Leicester. My wife and I are booked in to stay for 5 nights from 23 November. My travel agent has told me that we can upgrade from a Deluxe room to a Club room for £150 per person (apparently with access to Club lounge on 44th floor with free drinks and snacks). Can anyone advise me whether they think this is good value for money?

I would also appreciate any tips on restaurants and bars we must not miss out on during our stay (Buddha Bar and Indego are top of list), and best malls for shopping.

During the daytime, we are hoping to use the beach facilities at Le Royal Meridien - can we arrange water-skiing there? We are also keen to visit the snowdome if it is open.

Any advice/recommendations gratefully accepted.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grosvenor House Dubai

Can't help you with your first points but at the Royal Meridien you can arrange for all types of watersports including water-ski-ing. During our visit last week it appeared that the snowdome wasn't open but they now keep saying sometime during November so you might be lucky.

dubai
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grosvenor House Dubai

Go for the upgade if you want.. Grosvenor is my neighbor..in the marina.. actually, sorry, get a beach view.. cool looks at palm island, good picture taking.. For food, late night after say, a gold souk run, get some shwarmas on the street..been eating them for years.. go on a desert safari.. go to the madinat jumeriah.. go to the spice souk at night.. you can find a walking guide, just take a cab to the dubai creek, go on the abras(water taxis) get lost and soak it in.. nothing bad will happen to you.. other restaurants-- iranian, shabastan, about the best food around.. i think sheraton on the creek.. indian-- a very small place called quality restaurant,may be spelled with a "k" can't remember..in deira, but computer street.. the waiter has worked there since it started and no matter if you say "ok, enough" he will still put food on your plate...its hillarious.. 8 people can eat like kings for 20 dollars, no booze at that one though..