We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Flat...
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Topic
Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

Hallo again, am "micro-managing" my holiday here as I'm taking my mate.

Just a thought - with those spectacularly high buildings of yours and with us landing around 08:00, then flying back out around 10:00 and able to select our seats on Emirates planes, is there any advantage to choose LEFT or RIGHT hand windows (obviously facing forward) for views of The Burg Al Arab or Burg Dubai ?

Thanking you all in anticipation - especially Latimer & his teddy.

George.

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

Is that 8am & 10am ?

i would say right hand side coming in & left going out :-)

we have only landed at night & its spectacular with all the lights & colours, this year leaving we flew at 7am and got a good view of the creek the Bur Dubai tower and as you head out over the water you see the beach and the Burj Al Arab hotel,

having said that i think theres different take off paterns as we never saw all this before ??

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

Depends on wind direction / speed, weather and other Air traffic at the time.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,472 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

Latimer and her teddy agree with Devon - it's a lottery depending on wind direction and air traffic control.

So pick whichever side you fancy and cross your fingers that the wind is in the right direction for you to get a view

The Flat...
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

Thank you all - again.

We have the the morning flights on the way out from LHR to HKG & night flight in from BKK on our final leg in Jan so I think I'll do the initial flights on the right and the final flights on the left - & take pot luck on the wind

(As I thought I'd try the Muslim & Hindu Emirates' meals in flight, WIND could be a factor ! - sorry).

From your comments, it certainly sounds worthwhile to have chosen the window seats.

I'll be asking you guys to check my final itinerary soon - as we fly out Weds night.

Cold & raining here in England - am wearing my ski socks ....indoors....with central heating turned up !!!!!!!

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

Cold and raining here in Dubai. :-)

Leicester
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

George,

On Emirates, no such thing as "Muslim" meal, as all meals are compatible with Muslim Diet, provided you don't opt for an alcoholic drink with your meal, lol.

I have never tried the Hindu meal and cannot recall it as an option. You could opt for Vegetarian, Jain Vegetarian (if available), or Vegan. I can't recall any other options.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

There is such an option as a Muslim meal for codeshare flights. As above poster stated you will be given a standard Emirates Halal meal. A Hindu meal will just cut out beef but does contain other meats. If you are looking for spice then Asian Vegetarian Meal is normally the one to go for.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

Emirates list of dietary requirements...

emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_inf…

9. Re: Flying in/out Dubai Airport: right or left hand windows ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 13, 2010