We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby safety.....

Mel, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Baby safety.....

Recently posted about the Rydges plaza and got an interesting reply from Sonofbb. I'm weighing up whether to take a taxi from airport to hotel and run the risk of dodgy driving. We would obviously have no carrier. We would have to rely on mum being seatbelted in taxi (do taxis have seat belts?) and baby being strapped to mum with a baby sling. We are doing that in Singapore and I'm reasonably happy....not so Dubai. Do you guys think it would be safer to rent a car from Hertz with a baby seat and drive myself? I've driven in places as diverse as Thailand,Brussels, Rome and LA. Can Dubai be a lot worse? Thanks for any advice.

Ulaanbaatar...
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby safety.....

All the taxis have seatbelts front and back in Dubai, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. I personally wouldn't go to the extremity of getting a hire car etc

Even if your driver is driving a bit "eccentric" dont hesitate in telling him to slow down.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby safety.....

Why will you have no carrier? It can go through as checked baggage. It may possibly get on as hand baggage. Would you have your child in a car in Australia without one?

Mel, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby safety.....

I'm currently looking at baby seats, but all I can find in australia require afixing to not only the seat belt but also to an anchor point in the car. Will a Dubai taxi have this and also will a driver be prepared to hang around while we fitted this?

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby safety.....

No - the taxis will not have an anchor point. If you do get one that requires only belt fastening, the driver will hang around (and it doesn't run the meter)no problem. Just be careful where the taxi is positioned when it stops for you as there will be a risk of a good rear ender.

Ulaanbaatar...
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby safety.....

Bet you've had a few rear enders Beduboy

lol

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply