We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

construction works in dubai!!!!

suttoncoldfield
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
construction works in dubai!!!!

has any one been to dubai recently who can comment on the extent of the new building projects taking place in dubai.

did it spoil the enjoyment of you holiday, is the whole area like a building site at the moment, as this is the advice given to usby some people

Manchester, England
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: construction works in dubai!!!!

Please do not be put off by stories you may of heard!

Although Dubai is developing and yes, it does have extensive work being carried out, you can choose to stay in hotels that are not in the "middle" of all the construction.

The main bulk of the construction is in the City itself and although the work does go on for some miles, it doesn't affect your holiday as long as you are aware that there IS work being carried out.

We stayed 45 minutes out of the city at The Jebel Ali Golf & Spa Resort, where no building work was going on, apart from a new spa which was being built in the actual hotel grounds. Unlike some comments I have seen on this web site, my husband and I did not find this work disruptive in any way and the whole holiday was so relaxing and amazing. We have booked to go back to Dubai in August 2005 and we would not hesitate to reccommend this superb 5* hotel to anyone who likes a little luxury, but in a relaxed atmosphere, definitely NOT your average "stuffy" 5* hotel........... down to earth, yet attentive and very friendly.

Enjoy.....!

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: construction works in dubai!!!!

Hi

Construction is going on in many areas, both in the city and out on some stretches of the coast. Its hard to be specific without some idea where you are intending to stay.

We recently stopped at the Royal Mirage right next to Palm Island and yes they worked 24hrs but it did not disrupt or spoil our stay in any way.

The disruption is very localised, so pick where you fancy from the brochures then check the individual hotel reports from recent visitors, e-mail the hotel or ask the question here.

Regards

Chris & Sue

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: construction works in dubai!!!!

Just back from Dubai on the 23rd December, and yes, it is like a building site. EVERYWHERE. very few area's are exempt. We were stayin in Deira, where there is a lot of work going on, we went to a wedding in Jebel Ali, where there is extensive road works going on, and the wedding reception was held in Le Royal Meridian Beach & Spa Resort - 5 star on Jumeriah beach - and there was building work going on all around it. When we were driving into the hotel, I actually thought the driver had taken a wrong turn as we were surrounded by workmen, building works, cranes, hard hats, hoarding etc... and all of a sudden, the hotel appeared from the dust... It didnt ruin our holiday, but I would certainly recommend that you prepare for a skyline that has a lot of cranes. Apparently visiting after 2006 will be when most of the building work is due for completion..