We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

uk
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

hello

ive been checking out timeout dubai and was wondering

what this restaurant is like and how pricey is it?

seen some good all inclusive deals for restaurants in the nice hotels.

Anyone been to any of the restaurants in the ritz carlton?

again how pricey please?

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,256 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

Hi Jane- there have been very good reports of Verre on this forum. I have it down on my list of restaurants to go to.

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

Hi Jane ,

Verre is excellent , type in Verre in the search box ( above right and see many comments / discussions we have had on here.

i have ate in many restaurants in Dubai and Verre is a close second behind The Apartment.

Have fun looking

Tony

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

Hi Jane 12

There are so many places to eat; high end, reasonable and even KFC and MacDonalds

Verre is good but there are some that are equally as good, Napa at the Madinat is fab. Say £70 per head

Also Sphinx at Wafi Pyramids is excellent with a nice atmosphere and they thorw in some house wine. About £40 per person

There are two restaurants at the Ritz Carlton, La Baie and Spendido. One is very high end on prices (£70 + PP) but nice for a special occasion. The other is not quite so pricey and you can sit outside on the terrace. This one also does a fabulous brunch on Friday lunchtime, which is an all you can eat fixed price feast. (£30PP) Sorry I can't remember which one is which.

The Madinat Souk has about 15 restaurants in and around it and that is about a 10 minute taxi ride from the RC. There is every type you can think of from Lebanese thru to Burger Joints.

Also check out some of the restaurants in Mercato. This is a mall about 20 minutes by taxi from the RC. There are 4 or 5 in there for all price ranges. This also has a 12 screen cinema - just in case you get bored shopping!

My advice would be to get out and about for your evening meal, paying the RC's prices for every meal can push your holiday cost right up.

Taxis are cheap, safe and plentiful.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

Highly recommend Splendido at the Ritz Carlton. If you are coming here in the cooler months, it has a stunning area to eat outside in. Proper sized portions too!

uk
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

thanx for the replies..

ive posted twice by mistake as you can see.. sorry !

is that splendio the outside restaurant (havent spelt that right !) in the ritz.. is that the one for £30 pp ?

ive been on their website but it doesnt mention the prices

thanx

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

Hi Jane

Thought you were staying at the RC, hence my previous reply.

The Towers Rotana has some good restaurants, one of them does a Country themed buffet every night for about £25 pp.The Italian buffet is very good with massive choice of fresh pasta and ingredients that the chefs cook in front of you - v entertaining and excelent value.

Staying at the TR you are much closer to Mercato by taxi to try some of the restaurants there and also much closer to Wafi Pyramids. There are many restaurants on the Sheik Sayed Road and you will be spolied for choice.

I would still try the RC for Friday brunch, you wont be disappointed. You will have to book in advance, particularly if you want an outside table.

The reservations manager at the RC is Alejandro and his email address is alejandro.trilla@ritzcarlton.com

Enjoy everythig and let us know how you get on.

uk
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

hello latimer

thankyou for your advice..

i wish we could afford to stay at the rc but we can't...

never mind though. iam just gratreful that we can afford to actually visit dubai!

is that pyramids restaurant in a hotel? only asking cause i thought you couldnt have alcohol in any restaurants outside the hotels?

thanks again.. were not going till nov but i am the type of person who likes to plan in advance!

p.s did u do the safari and go to wild wadi?

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

Rotana has my favourite restaurant in Dubai - Teatro. If they do the early bird offer - order before 19.15 and food is 50% - then you will not get a better deal in town. Go for the King & I menu - it's a belter. Evita menu is not bad either.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

Hi Jane

Teatro is also fab so good call from BB especially about the early bird menu - I'd forgotten about that.

Desert Safari is excellent, albeit a tad nerve wracking - I remember wondering just how far the jeeps could lean over without rolling over all together. (Having said that I was 3 months pregnant at the time so probably shouldn't have done it anyway, although they did advise it was OK)

If you take this option go for the whole trip that includes the evening meal and entertainment.

Wild Wadi is also good especialy for kids.

With reference to alcohol. You can buy alcohol in all of the restaurants and bars they don't have to be part of an hotel. Perhaps you are thinking about during Ramadan where you don't get food or drink served outside during dayligt hours. Ramadan is due to finish around 4th Nov.

Wafi Pyramids is part of a big complex called Wafi City. The Pyramids includes a health club, a very popular bar and a couple of other restaurants besides Sphinx. Sphinx is my personal favourite and their fixed price menu is fab.

I'm very lucky because my sister has lived in Dubai for 5 years so I get to go 3 or 4 times a year and stay with them.

I will also be in Dubai in November, although not staying with sister this time because she's in England at the moment. I will be staying on Sheik Sayed Road at Chelsea Towers for 4 days, which is next to Rotana Towers, and then moving on to the RC for the final 4 days.

So our paths may well cross although we wont know it at the time.

uk
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Verre- Gordon Ramseys restaurant. Is it recommended ?

hello

thanks again for all your help.

we will be there from the 9th nov.

I am also from liverpool so you never know we may stand out

and will spot eachother if we hear eachother speak espeically if i can get a table at the rc for the brunch..!

ill be definately trying teatro especially seen as were staying there and its been recommended.

x