We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling with family HELP !!!!!

Glasgow
5 posts
Save Topic
travelling with family HELP !!!!!

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who can recommend a good hotel, I will be travelling with wife and 1yr old kid in November and the replies would be most welcome,

Ideally it would be spacious, child facilities ie crib and kiddies pool.

As I am a good boy I would like to stay away from the hotels that double up as wh*re houses I keep hearing about.

I havent reached the 100k salary level yet! so the burj is out of the eqution if you know what I mean.

Firedog786, you mentioned that you have also travelled with the wife before would you have any tips?

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling with family HELP !!!!!

There are at least 30 "good hotels" we could recommend. Do you specifically want a beach hotel or is it not a concern? Why not have a look at the list on the left

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

and see if you can come up with some candidates yourself? Then you could ask specific questions as to their suitability for you. You've shortened the "piece of string" but not quite enough yet.

I'll give you two starters for 10:

Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Le Meridien Mina Seyahi

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling with family HELP !!!!!

Well you might be a good boy, but you dont seem to keep good company as your always hearing about wh*re houses....

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling with family HELP !!!!!

Tips on how to travel with a wife???

For one - dont ask for tips - cause if you do something and she finds out someone told you to do it...... holly molly....

well lets just say, you will end up sleeping on the sofa....(after having taken a box of asprin for the headache - of having to listen to her)

Glasgow
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling with family HELP !!!!!

Thanks for the replies guys but I dont have too muck disposable income for the holiday as I am just adding this onto a holiday I already have booked oward to another country, on the return I decided that if we were travelling back to the UK via Dubai why not spend a couple of nights there and scope it out for future destination.

So if if I could shorten the string I would do it best by specifying a family orientated hotel, with a pool, restaurant, kiddies friendly and falls within the £50-100 pppn (or am I asking too much?)

The Novotel is the first hotel to really tickle my taste buds. what do you reckon?

For the record Hot&Dusty theres no chance of me sleeping on the sofa as I am the king of my castle :-).

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Glasgow
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling with family HELP !!!!!

excuse my spelling, i blame butter fingers

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling with family HELP !!!!!

I would say - look up sofitel - cause that got the city centre attached and it has a kids play area.

otherwise - yes novotel is good - but more towards a business area, rather than a family hotel.

ibis is good and clean and you can use novotel pool.

personally I would take ibis and take a taxi every now and then to the jumairah beach which is safe and has showers.

Glasgow
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling with family HELP !!!!!

Hi guys i have looked through a few of the hotels and I noted the following Golden Sands, London Creek, and Pearl Residence

can you please advise if any of these would be better than the other.

Mel, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling with family HELP !!!!!

My parents got dumped in the London Creek by the tour desk at the airport, and Dump is the right word for the hotel. We are also going to be in Dubai shortly but with a 3 month year old and my parents words were "Even if we have to pay for a Hotel for you, my grandchild will not be staying there!!". I requested they pay for the Burj, but I'm still waiting.

I'm currently looking at the Rydges Plaza, and I've got a booking with them for 500Dirhams including taxes for the 3 of us. I can always cancel if something better comes up.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates