We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Value Hotel

Gulf
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Good Value Hotel

Just got replies for my queries, i've come across Dar AL Sondos Le Meridien, how's the hotel for a family? Just checked out Ibis, mixed reviews & no pool, have a kid who likes to swim everyday....

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Value Hotel

touringdbx,

Ibis may not have a pool, but you can use the pool at Novotel which is right next door I believe, also part of the world trade centre. We had Ibis booked, and have just changed to Novotel for an extra 105 dirhams per night. (at 500AED)

When are you travelling? My booking is for november 21st for 3 nights, and I have had trouble getting good rates also.

Gulf
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Value Hotel

I'm travelling Nov.25-29, and have been scouring the net for the past week for a good deal, i was turn-off by the reviews for Ibis.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Value Hotel

I thought the reviews for Ibis on here were ok??? Did you find other reviews?

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Value Hotel

hotels in dubai are expensive

especially during peak

if you want a good hotel, then your gonna have to pay

regarding the reviews, it all boils down to personal preferences and likes and dislikes, so very hard to compare, what may be good for you, isnt for someone else.

anyways thats my two bits worth....

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Value Hotel

If your just doing it for the pool, may I suggest instead you zip down to Jumeirah beach.

From ibis, its under 10 minutes and even if you use the public beach, during the day it is not crowded (except thursday and friday).

The public beach is sheltered by rocks on two sides, so it is very calm and safe. Apart from that there are lifeguards and rescue services. Also got showers.

This is unlike the beach front hotels which are open water.

This time of year the weather is really great, temperarture is dropping and the water is not too hot or cold.

Perfect time to hit the beach.

Also the kid will love the sand - which is clean.

So if its just for a pool..... u have a solution.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Value Hotel

The ibis is fine-

Its only that it is very basic.

Like all Ibis hotels around the world.

Obvisouly on a budget, and need a pool- try Rotana Jumiera (not rotana towers, although i think they have a beach club access arrangement).

It has a nice pool area.. Very chilled family hotel- although a bit old. Nice big rooms- no view.

Gulf
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Value Hotel

Thx. for the replies I'm doing doing my best to get to either Ibis or Rimal, whichever is cheaper. But then again as days goes buy and temperature goes down, the hotel rates are soaring high...whew...pre-vacation days are really tough..too stressfu..don't u think.

Gulf
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Value Hotel

oopss sorry i mean "by..not buy....." dee what i mean ...really it's getting on my nerves...

Level Contributor
247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Value Hotel

The Dar Al Sondos suites (next to City Centre) pool is a basic pool nothing fancy. A place to dive in and get wet. In the afternoon it is in the shade so can get a bit cool for those of us living in the me.

birmingham
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Value Hotel

I've just booked to stay a the Dar Al Sondos in January. Anyone got any idea about the dining there or can you recommend any tours to take. Also, what is in the local area? Any advice warmly received!