We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Spice Island

Oviedo (Spain)
10 posts
Save Topic
Question about Spice Island

I have heard that the buffete is only friday night and saturday midday. Is that true? Or is every day and these days is cheaper?

Does it happen with "Revolving" at Hyatt and "Californian restaurant" at Dusit, too?

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,731 reviews
from $80.89*
$89.87
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,412 reviews
from $38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
194 reviews
from $231.08*
The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Spice Island

Spice Island is every night and a brunch at midday on Friday. Prices at night are the same all week.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Spice Island

I cant wait to try Spice Island. Is there any really spicy food there? Hubby likes really hot blow your head off food. His favourite is chilli crab (not that easy to find) but he makes do with a Vindaloo in London.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Spice Island

If he manages a London vindaloo easily then he will be disappointed. The fiery stuff is an invention for Brits in the UK and I didn't find anywhere in Dubai that could make food spicy enough - just ask for the Tabasco. Or bring your own sauce - I brought "Who Dares Burns" a wonderful eye waterer: http://www.hot-headz.com

For pepper crab try Peppercrab at Grand Hyatt.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Spice Island

Great website- Mad dog Inferno looks a possible one for his Xmas list. He has this embarrassing habit of getting his chillies out when we go to restaurants- those tiny hot red thai ones they sell in supertmarkets over here. Any other spicy dishes to look out for- pepper crab sounds right up his street.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Spice Island

There's Mexican and Indian buffet stations at Spice island but they are very tame. As I said, in all my 4 years there, I never found anywhere that could make food spicy enough.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Spice Island

The eat and drinks you asked about are every day. Incidentally The Californian has just gone up to Dhs. 149 ph on a Thursday so it's now not such good value. Some eat and drinks do a different theme every night (such as the one at the Jumierah Rotana, which has excellent Mediterranenan night, I think it's Tuesday or Wednesday, but can't remember). The Californian also varies its theme, but it's always Oriental and I think the price varies from night to night. Spice Island does food from everywhere and EXCELLENT sushi and smoked salmon. Their prawns used to be very good too, but not so much now.