We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

manchester, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

We'd like to visit one of these water parks while in Dubai. Which of the two is better? We are a family with 3 boys (10,10 and 4 years old).

UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

never been to aqua adventure but if my memory serves me right wild wadi was part of the hotel jumeriah beach hotel we stayed at. the wild wadi was great and we're not normally into these sort of things as they can be a bit tacky - but this was very nice and lots of fun!!!! it's a lovely area too - just across from the very famous hotel shaped like a sail. can't compare the two but can just say we just loved wild wadi. it was fun but not stressful.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,986 posts
1,789 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

They both are rather similar but Wild Wadi has a wider range of attractions but Aquaventure is newer and will give you an excuse to visit the Atlantis.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

I would like to know too as we can only visit one really. I think we (family of 4 with a 12 and a 14 year old) may try Aqua Adventure as it's seems a bit bigger and a bit 'different' with the aquarium...

I may be wrong though!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

I've been to both and Wild Wadi is much better. Aqua Adventure is a bit boring really. It may seem bigger, that doesn't mean it's better. WW has more exciting things to do. Try to avoid going on a Friday and Saturday, as these are our weekends and can get very busy.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,986 posts
1,789 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

The Aquarium in the form of The Lost Chamber is an extra unless you see the bit on the public area of the hotel.

Aquaventure is more expensive, the Wild Wadi is cheaper if you go later in the afternoon for the Sundowner discount, it makes it better value.

I have also been to both. If Aquaventure was not complimentary to Atlantis guests I would had been reluctant to pay for it.

Both parks can be done in a couple of hours.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

mumof03boys - both waterparks have vouchers in the Entertainer and for us Aqua Adventure is 34 pounds more expensive so not much in it if you paying that sort of money at the end of the day for a family!

bristol
Level Contributor
243 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

i ahve been to both and would say that they have agreat area for your 4 year old and great rides for your bigger kids at aquaventure. also there are areas at aquaventure that are quiet if you want some peace.

wild wadi is good but very compact and hectic. everyone will have different opinions on this subject a it is amatter of choice.We travel as aparty of 18 usually age raging from 5 to 73 the general opinion of ALL if given the choice would be aquaventure, hope this helps.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

That's great advice! I thought Aqua Adventure looked more spacious which is equally important for us as we don't like hectic water parks with kids...I would panic for a start!!

manchester, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

Thanks for all the replies. From the posts, they both sound good. I think we'll choose Wild Wadi.If it can be done in a couple of hours, may just go for the 'Sun Downer'. Not really a place that appeals to me but I think the kids would love it.

10. Re: Water Parks ...Wild Wadi or Aqua Adventure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 21, 2009