We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
10 posts
Save Topic
How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

I know this has been mentioned several times, but I've not been paying attention!

I'm going on my honeymoon in Apr 06 and would like to stay at Mina A'Salam on Jumeirah beach. I've heard many bad reports that construction is/will be very bad. Is this true?

Would I be better off staying in Dubai City? Which hotels are nice there?

Thanks!

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

Ah - questions, questions. Well, Jake and Des have been sleuthing away for months now. I keep telling them it's all on the web but they haven't cracked it yet. Des has managed my Christian name; but, apart from that, well wide of the mark. I left the Holy City after a four year stint last October - pop back infrequently with DW. It's coming up to a year since we left now; so I guess it's time to retire. That place changes so fast, my memory won't be good enough to keep up with good advice any more. If one of you 3 buys a map of Dubai, I can die a happy man!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

is it all on the web?

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

Hey BB, careful now. Was it really you who advised Oshialpha to "stick with your good choice" of the Mina A' Salam or is Sam working undercover and impersonating you? :-) What has become of the old BB? Promoting Jumeirah International AND threatening to retire from the Dubai forum in the same thread might nearly convince your fans to almost think about maybe getting concerned about your true whereabouts! Should we ask the TA moderators to alert the Oman police dept and report BB 'missing presumed reincarnated'?

Oshialpha, congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. Enjoy your crane-free honeymoon at the Mina A' Salam.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

Puffy,

I've already had to have one rebirthing experience courtesy of the Fat Controllers. Now, don't think that I'm promoting Jumeirah (they've dropped the "International" so I found) in any way shape or form. It was simply that the questioner had already selected so why enter into yet another heated debate. MAS is a perfectly acceptable hotel (and I'm not choking when I type that) so go for it. As to the retiring, well DW returns tomorrow and my attentions will be elsewhere. Somebody else needs to take over as forum b*****d. Fancy a go?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

Hey.. who is DW.. Details.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

Wouldn't dream of stepping into your well travelled shoes BB, but thanks for the offer. If MrsBB is due home perhaps you can tuck them under your bed so that they'll still be close to hand :-) We wouldn't want you to disappear from the forum completely ... after all, although it's painful to admit it, you do occasionally have something useful as well as acerbic and witty to say!

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

DW = darling wifeee....

Wales
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

Stay at the Mina and you will not see a crane! Fantastic place - just out of this world and as previous said, if you strain your eyes far in the distance you can see the outline of the construction going on miles up the beach but you won't be looking that way, you be staring in awe at the Burj and being too busy pinching yourself that you are staying in such a fantastic hotel!! Get a cab into city to have a look at souqs and then return to pure luxury at the Mina! Enjoy!

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

you will have no problem with construction if if u stay at the mina a salam hotel- u see nothing from that hotel which is great. So dont worry. But dont think construction is going to suddenly stop in 6months time - there are more and more projects being built - it will be about 5-10yrs before they finally stop building up dubai.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: How bad will construction be on Jumeirah beach Apr 06?

Relax. When I was there in January (and I know in Dubai time thats a while) there was no construction going on around your hotel that would affect you. It was a good few klms up the road. Now if you were going to the Ritz Carlton, Sheraton or Hilton Jumeriah beach then you may have something to worry about.