We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton dubai creek

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hilton dubai creek

will be coming over to Dubai for the horse racing world cup in march.I realise you cant gamble in Dubai but i take it you are ok on the internet via a UK bookmaker.

Also will be staying at the Hilton dubai creek, Ive read about it on the internet, just wondering if any of the locals have anything to add e g rooms,location,bars and by all accounts it does get noisy on a Thursday

any imput will be most welcome

neil

Ulaanbaatar...
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton dubai creek

Nope, not ok on the Internet over here whether it's a UK bookmaker or not, sites are all blocked.

You'd have to phone home and ask people to put bets on for you.

I know there is ways around the blocked sites, don't ask me how though as I havent a clue

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton dubai creek

Cheers for that liam, I have an account with william hill, i will call them in the uk. do you also know if the racing post site is blocked, it shouldnt be as it was saved from liqiudation by HH Sheik mohammad.www.racingpost.com is the web site

Ulaanbaatar...
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton dubai creek

The racing post site works fine mate, however the betting shop is blocked!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton dubai creek

Cheers for your help liam, it just makes a day at the races a bit more exciting, I thought all the bookies adverts would be blocked but at least i can look at the form.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton dubai creek

The main source of communication during race day is the cell-phone!!!

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton dubai creek

When you go to the races, as Rister says, if you look around, you will see the majority of people on their mobiles talking to the rest of the world to put their bets down! They do have a no cost (to the punter) kind of betting thing that you fill in when you arrive. It's a sort of sweepstake thing, where you pick the winners for each race, tick the boxes, put in your name and address, etc. and you stick it in a box and if you are very, very lucky, you could win quite a lot of dosh. Also, what we do, when we attend as a fairly big group, is arrange our own bets on each race, but this is probably a little beneath you if you have an account with William Hill, but it just makes the day a little more exciting for us plebs!!!

The hotel is fine. It's a very modern/minimalistic kind of place. You've got Verre (the Gordon Ramsay restaurant) and Glasshouse there, both of which are very good. Search on here for Verre and you will find all sorts of raves about it. Would suggest, if you do want to eat there during that week, that you would probably need to book in advance.

There's also a bar downstairs in the reception area, which - when I was last there - was playing some very cool, loungey, r&b type music and seemed to be frequented by some of the more beautiful people in Dubai!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton dubai creek

Thanks for that bit of advice Jaky,could you also tell me about the different packages for Nad al sheba if you have info.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton dubai creek

When you say different packages - I assume you mean pauper package to vip package for the day itself? If so, the best bet is to visit the NAS website. You will easily be able to google it up. We're having posts removed everytime we quote website addresses, so probably better if you find it yourself. I tend to go every other year and just go for the pauper entry and I think it was somewhere between Dhs. 100 - 150 in 2004? Can't remember exactly. That gives you entry to what they call the International Village. Basically, that consists of mini versions of all the major bars in Dubai - e.g., Irish Village, Barasti Bar and as many others as can afford to pay the price to be there! If I remember rightly, a short/glass of wine cost around Dhs. 20 - 30 on average. Food-wise, most of the outlets are fast food type places in that area. You would also have entry to the famous Bubble Bar, I don't think I need to tell you what that is. Can't remember how much the cheapest bottle was though, but I'm sure someone on here will tell you. What I don't know though is what the deals are above that. Basically, when I've been as a VIP, it's always been at the invitation of a company giving hospitality there. That's why I'd suggest you have a look at the NAS website and I am sure you will find something on there about all this.