We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Hi everyone,

Travelling to dubai alone on business, need to know which hotels is more suited for me... sheraton deira or le meridian on the airport road?!

Thanks for your help!!

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Depends on your needs.

If you ask from the point of safe for a single women - both.

Though I would say, whenever I have passed Sheraton Deira there are a couple of ladies of the night in the vicinity.

Location and time to your destination would depend on where u need to be during the day.

However both would be plagued by traffic during peak hours and this could have u sitting in a cab pondering the finer things in life for quite some time.

Give details of what where u need to be during the day and at what hours and possibly we could recommend which is better or an alternative.

Also more details of what your looking for.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
624 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Where is your business?

Stay at mina a'salam or grosvenor house- new dubai!! speshly if you are here before aug 31- when rates go up

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Thanks lovelys!! well i dont exactly know where the office is yet.. besides they provide transport so that really isnt a problem. I meant more like in terms of getting to city centre all shopping malls/gold souk/ beach (not the public one)..

also, anyone know any good egyptian/lebanese belly dancing clubs/restaurants?

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Personally think Lemeridian airport is better - cause u have to use Garhoud bridge, which is easy to get to, even though the bridge is a bottle neck. Still easier to move about and get where u want.

Sheraton is bang in the heart of Deira which is always crowded and Clock tower and Maktoum bridge always packed up. Your going to have traffic problems 24/7.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Most of the belly dancers I have seen are East European.....

Dont know about the clubs either, cause I prefer western culture. The arabs (Syrian, Jordanian, Lebs etc) are a bit too loud and pushy for my liking.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Perhaps not quite what you are looking for but if you want to meet other Mediterranean Arabs, the beautiful people can be found at Trilogy, Jambase, Lotus 1 and Kasbah. But not a belly dancer in sight! You'd more likely find one of those on a desert safari, not generally found in many clubs and restaurants here that are of a reasonable standard, I'd say.

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Funny you should mention that but Time Out Dubai (yes TA -Time Out Dubai; shall I say it again- Time Out Dubai) has a review of eateries with belly dancing on its current web site. Google with search term Time Out Dubai, that's Time Out Dubai, and take it from there.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

How long do you reckon before you're removed again?

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

Talking about T.O. Dubai , i recently subscribed to the magazine and the first one arrived yesterday.

Its very good , but they dont half use a lot of big words in it.

It should come with its own dictionary lol

BB would be ok , he's clever ( and his missus is an english teacher ).Methinks he dictates to her and she flowers it up and gets the grama and speling write , lol

Tony

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: female alone..sheraton deira or le meridian airport road???

You mean that post above or banned? As to the latter, I don't know as I used an e-mail address that I can't look at to register again. So, if they are sending me warnings, I'm not able to see them. I'll give it one more go with another addy and after that it will be a watching brief only.