We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is best - Emirates or BA?

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Which is best - Emirates or BA?

I am trying 2 decide which airline to go with between Emirates and British Airways & hoping some of you have used both airlines and can recommend whichever one. (Economy/cattle class for us Im afraid!)

Both have similar flight times that we wanted (ie arriving in Dubai around 7.30am and returning at 2am), Emirates option slightly cheaper by £40 or so.

We will be flying from Newcastle either way, although if we go with BA via Heathrow we can hopefully check our suitcases all the way through from Newcastle.

On the other hand I've been hearing good reports about Emirates and if we go with Emirates we can fly via Gatwick (& we've been to Gatwick airport the last couple of years so know what to expect etc.)

Thanks for your help

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
51. Re: Which is best - Emirates or BA?

Well, after all that ....

It looks like we are going to go with KLM instead!

The flights are actually going to be £175 cheaper than BA and we can check our bags all the way through from Newcastle.

The only downside is that we arrive in Dubai at 04.55am but for our return flights we leave at 01.20am so at least we can get a full day on our last day.

Michelle

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
52. Re: Which is best - Emirates or BA?

Excellent choice. Schiphol is good for a browse if you have the time before the connecting flight. Quality is little different from either Emirates or BA - the entertainment might not be so good but who needs it in the middle of the night? Another plus factor is that the GBP 350 you saved can be spent on having canapes at The Apartment (including a bottle of mineral water).

scotland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
53. Re: Which is best - Emirates or BA?

Just back from Dubai with Emirates from Gatwick flight was very good,have also flown with BA to Dubai which was also very good. We flew to Gatwick with BA from Edinburgh then Emirates to Dubai our luggage was booked straight through but we did have to ask,same on the way back makes a differance not having to get your luggage in Gatwick and re-book it in . Have a great time I am sure you will. If you need any more information I would be happy to help.

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
1 review
Save Reply
54. Re: Which is best - Emirates or BA?

Dont think 350 will cover the water as well !!

Tony Rockerfella

55. Re: Which is best - Emirates or BA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 pm, March 12, 2015
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Which is best - Emirates or BA?

I think people should put their seat back up at meal times. I ve heard many people complain that the person in front refused to and the cabin crew could do nothing about it. It happened to me once as the person in front was asleep the whole way from London to Hong Kong and I was too nice to wake him but it was pretty squashed trying to eat my meals. He never ate a thing and did nt wake up till we landed.

Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Which is best - Emirates or BA?

Englishrose: You should have leant over and quietly whispered "Fire" in his ear... see how sound asleep he would have been then.... !!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Which is best - Emirates or BA?

I thought that maybe he was afraid of flying and had taken a sedative so I decided not to disturb him! On the same flight on Thai Airways the Thais were dead keen to have everybody sleeping and turned off all the lights and the film and when I turned my light on to read as I was wide awake I got lots of dirty looks and loud sighs from everyone around me which made me feel most uncomfortable!